Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big selection dilemma for Arteta this week

Big selection dilemma for Arteta this week

CL on Weds and Newcastle on Saturday.
    Not sure what Porto are up to this season but could be an opportunity to rotate the squad a bit.
    The PL must be the priority, surely ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Not sure what Porto are up to this season but could be an opportunity to rotate the squad a bit.
    Well according to Arteta, Partey, Vieira and ESR are all close to returning.

And Jorginho has not played in the last two?

3rd in Portuguese league. Defensively solid but not prolific in front of goal. We should beat them comfortably over 2 legs

It's the bloody Champions League!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's the bloody Champions League!
    I still take the PL over it at this point.

That's not the point. Deccers ( God help us) is supposedly one of the best players in the world, yet he's only played half-a-dozen CL games in his life. His England partner Bellers ( ) on the other hand has played way more; about thirty, I think, and he's still practically a teenager. And they weren't ALL knock-out matches against Real Madrid and Barcelona neither.

"Easy" games, easy goals against cannon fodder; that's what the top players want, that's why you sign them, that's why they want to play for you. You work your *******s off against the good teams and when the rubbish come around, they want to "rest" you. **** that.

Stat-padding the youngsters call it. Know-nothing ****s.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Me too but don't see what the dilemma is. A couple of changes maybe but a) we've had the benefit of bringing vital players off early in the past two games (Saka and Rice particularly); b) After Newcastle we have an eight-day break before Sheffield United

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Me too but don't see what the dilemma is. A couple of changes maybe but a) we've had the benefit of bringing vital players off early in the past two games (Saka and Rice particularly); b) After Newcastle we have an eight-day break before Sheffield United
    It's the principle, LA

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    We should be getting to the QF's of CL, make sure of it and play the best team. Don't give them a sniff.

FWIW, I don't think we'll win the league, we have by far the hardest run in.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    We should be getting to the QF's of CL, make sure of it and play the best team. Don't give them a sniff.

FWIW, I don't think we'll win the league, we have by far the hardest run in.
    Hardest run ins are difficult to judge imo - amazing what teams on the lower half can do