Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Well played, Duckett

Well played, Duckett

Pity we let India get about 80 more than they should have done!

I really dislike Indian commentators, they are soooooooo biased.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Pity we let India get about 80 more than they should have done!

I really dislike Indian commentators, they are soooooooo biased.
    Feels like we missed a real opportunity there. Getting them for 360 odd on that pitch would have given us a huge chance to dominate the game.

Still, we seem to have batted well so far and we are very much in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Feels like we missed a real opportunity there. Getting them for 360 odd on that pitch would have given us a huge chance to dominate the game.

Still, we seem to have batted well so far and we are very much in the game.
    I was desperate to post something earlier but knew I'd get told off for jinxing it, if Duckett had got out.

I was desperate to post something earlier but knew I'd get told off for jinxing it, if Duckett had got out.
    Well done for restraining yourself. All these years unable to replace Strauss then Cook, the fear than while Bazball works for aggressive bowling and batting, having the middle order come in against the new ball would be the Achilles Heel.

I wasn't sure about Pope as a No.3. I didn't think Zak was a test opener and Duckett didn't look much cop pre-Bazball. But since he came back against Pak in Dec '22, he's averaging 55 at a SR of 90. Since Zak started Bazballing, he's averaging 36 at a SR of 78. While Pope's 44 @74.

I was thinking the same thing