Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: See, if we had a PROPER striker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It was Chamakh or Nic

You are right about Quinn though though shocking omission (and MacDonald and Sunderland deserve a nod)
    Quinny was a good lad. Bumped into him in the Green Gate on West Green Road one night. I was too scared to go over and say hello because he was sat with Liam Brady!

I loved Quinny. He actually became a thoroughly respectable centre forward when he got a bit older.

Joe Baker, John Radford, Frank Stapleton, Alan Smith - we've had a few decent number 9s (and I'm not even going to mention Wright, Henry and Bendtner)
    World's greatest striker

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It is not basketball. Goals are intended to be a rare and valuable commodity.
    Message report to the WSL

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Message report to the WSL
    Oh, right. Did they actually win the superbowl then?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

No need for the like imo

And Smudger is the best proper No 9 I've seen in an Arsenal shirt.
    Surely, John Radford ? Did we leave out SuperMac ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Surely, John Radford ? Did we leave out SuperMac ?
    Never saw Radford or Supermac live - just before my time, 7. Would still say Smith was better - two titles as top scorer both times. I do think Radford is underrated though - deserves a lot more credit. Still only three players with more goals for Arsenal

Never saw Radford or Supermac live - just before my time, 7. Would still say Smith was better - two titles as top scorer both times. I do think Radford is underrated though - deserves a lot more credit. Still only three players with more goals for Arsenal
    On his day, Adebayor could be totally unplayable. He didn't have nearly enough days.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    On his day, Adebayor could be totally unplayable. He didn't have nearly enough days.
    So could Chamakh - though he only had one day

So could Chamakh - though he only had one day
    We are not mentioning, Giroud......?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yes, indeed. In fact, everyone's new favourite Nigerian (I cannot spell his name) brings to mind La Bayor at his best. There's an awful lot to be said for simple, straightforward, high-powered running, especially from a BLU.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."