Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: See, if we had a PROPER striker

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It is not basketball. Goals are intended to be a rare and valuable commodity.
    Message report to the WSL

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Or Paul Mariner, the most under-appreciated of them all. Perhaps that's why
    Lee Chapman, the ****test of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Lee Chapman, the ****test of them all.
    I was too young to fully appreciate how **** he was.

By the time I was old enough to judge we had signed Alan Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You should be ashamed of yourself, LA.

You didn't mention Niall Quinn

Or Chamakh....
    It was Chamakh or Nic

You are right about Quinn though though shocking omission (and MacDonald and Sunderland deserve a nod)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It was Chamakh or Nic

You are right about Quinn though though shocking omission (and MacDonald and Sunderland deserve a nod)
    Quinny was a good lad. Bumped into him in the Green Gate on West Green Road one night. I was too scared to go over and say hello because he was sat with Liam Brady!

I loved Quinny. He actually became a thoroughly respectable centre forward when he got a bit older.

Quinny was a good lad. Bumped into him in the Green Gate on West Green Road one night. I was too scared to go over and say hello because he was sat with Liam Brady!

I loved Quinny. He actually became a thoroughly respectable centre forward when he got a bit older.
    Yep - very good player with City and Sunderland. Once again though George saw an upgrade in Smith and was proved right (see also Seaman/Lukic and Marwood/Limpar)

Funny you should say that about Brady - remember seeing him in a restaurant on Upper Street. Wanted to say hi but didn't have the cojones

Yep - very good player with City and Sunderland. Once again though George saw an upgrade in Smith and was proved right (see also Seaman/Lukic and Marwood/Limpar)

Funny you should say that about Brady - remember seeing him in a restaurant on Upper Street. Wanted to say hi but didn't have the cojones
    And the back four he inherited was decent too, but he went and put together an even better one.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Centre-forwards everywhere. What a time to be alive.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Message report to the WSL
    Oh, right. Did they actually win the superbowl then?

Brady was like a God. No way I was going over there. Also, couple of guys trying to have a quiet pint. You have to respect that

Alan Smith was a wonderful centre forward.