Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: See, if we had a PROPER striker

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He's my favourite. I love everything about him.
    His goal in the cup winners cup final. That is one of my favourite goals and one of my favourite nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    His goal in the cup winners cup final. That is one of my favourite goals and one of my favourite nights.
    A lovely finish and a proper backs to the wall display...

What a team they had, though
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    A lovely finish and a proper backs to the wall display...

What a team they had, though
    The only European trophy we have won in my lifetime. That is pretty shocking

The only European trophy we have won in my lifetime. That is pretty shocking
    The Galatasaray one irks me more than the Barca one.

It's Galatasaray, lads...

FFS!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The Galatasaray one irks me more than the Barca one.

It's Galatasaray, lads...

FFS!
    Valencia

Valencia
    Yeah, that was painful. Hot on the heals of that Trevor Brooking effort too

A striker such as Olly G who can play in goal when your keeper is blue-carded would be an asset.

Otherwise: Raya gets blue card. Outfield player subbed, Rambo comes on. 10 mins later Raya returns. Either he or Ramsdale then plays outfield or if any subs and windows left, one of them is subbed for an outfield player.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    A striker such as Olly G who can play in goal when your keeper is blue-carded would be an asset.

Otherwise: Raya gets blue card. Outfield player subbed, Rambo comes on. 10 mins later Raya returns. Either he or Ramsdale then plays outfield or if any subs and windows left, one of them is subbed for an outfield player.
    We would end up with three goalkeepers on the pitch.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Elland Road, cup replay
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post

You're thinking about it too much, pj.

First of all given that blue cards are for cynical play or dissent the chances of a keeper getting one are pretty small. Other than taking a player down when he's through on goal, when was the last time a keeper got a yellow? They're pretty rare.

And I'm sure the rule would be nothing more than if the keeper gets a blue the team has to elect an outfield player to take the 10 min off.