Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One tiny moan from yesterday.....

One tiny moan from yesterday.....

From our throws the ref managed to find a booking for time wasting and a foul throw, one of the least enforced rules in football.

Fair enough. But Liverpool were stealing yards by the half dozen at every throw and he never once pulled them back. On one occasion they took a throw that should have been at the corner flag from somewhere close to the edge of the box.

I wonder if refs are paying more attention to our throws because we keep scoring from them?

ref was shocking.

I know they have changed the rules about dissent but dishing out yellow cards every 2 seconds is crazy. there is a big difference from a player having a little moan to screaming in the refs face.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    ref was shocking.

I know they have changed the rules about dissent but dishing out yellow cards every 2 seconds is crazy. there is a big difference from a player having a little moan to screaming in the refs face.
    I thought booking Nunez was pathetic. He just stomped and howled in frustration, not specifically at anyone. Surely he is allowed to be angry?

Quite funny that the ref booked White for time wasting and then spent 2 minutes ****ing around with his equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I thought booking Nunez was pathetic. He just stomped and howled in frustration, not specifically at anyone. Surely he is allowed to be angry?

Quite funny that the ref booked White for time wasting and then spent 2 minutes ****ing around with his equipment
    Ramsdale was in the background of the cameras with Sky whilst the ref was changing his equipment, tapping his watch and getting agitated. I think Arteta was having something to say on it as well.

Apparently Ramsdale shouted from the bench at the ref to stop time-wasting

My thoughts on Anthony Taylor are well known. Havertz didn't deserve a yellow, he bumped into the lino by accident who dropped his flag in the process.

From our throws the ref managed to find a booking for time wasting and a foul throw, one of the least enforced rules in football.

Fair enough. But Liverpool were stealing yards by the half dozen at every throw and he never once pulled them back. On one occasion they took a throw that should have been at the corner flag from somewhere close to the edge of the box.

I wonder if refs are paying more attention to our throws because we keep scoring from them?
    lets just accept that 99% of all throw ins in the PL are foul throws...

1. Procedure
    At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:

stand facing the field of play
    have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
    throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    lets just accept that 99% of all throw ins in the PL are foul throws...

1. Procedure
    At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:

stand facing the field of play
    have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
    throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play
    It is one of those rather silly old rules and refs always ignore it unless you do something absurd.

I once played in a Sunday game where the ref had such a strong view that every throw was given as a foul. Each time the ball went out for a throw both sides had 3 or 4 attempts each before he was happy with one. Someone (not me) called him a prick

It is one of those rather silly old rules and refs always ignore it unless you do something absurd.

I once played in a Sunday game where the ref had such a strong view that every throw was given as a foul. Each time the ball went out for a throw both sides had 3 or 4 attempts each before he was happy with one. Someone (not me) called him a prick
    Can you imagine a stadium of 60,000 and a pedantic ref, sticking to every law of the game? The match would be 3-hours long...

I remember watching my lad play and the opposition removed the corner flag for every corner. The ref stopped the match and told me they were "only kids" (U13) after I repeatedly pointed this out. I was asked to leave when I asked which other transgressions of the laws he was prepared to ignore #pedant
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Can you imagine a stadium of 60,000 and a pedantic ref, sticking to every law of the game? The match would be 3-hours long...

I remember watching my lad play and the opposition removed the corner flag for every corner. The ref stopped the match and told me they were "only kids" (U13) after I repeatedly pointed this out. I was asked to leave when I asked which other transgressions of the laws he was prepared to ignore #pedant
    Was it Mike Riley?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Was it Mike Riley?
    couldn't ****ing help yourself, could you, la?