Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That was as much Saliba as Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I was extemely pleased when Liverpool had a similar error later on. I was thinking to myself this sort of thing only happens to us.

Also I think Klopp was a but over confident he probably thought let Arsenal beat themselves again. didn't work this time.
    Right. The equaliser did them more harm than good.1-nil down at the break having created nothing, they would've been planning on changing something. 1-1 though and it's "As you were, lads."
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Nice of Liverpool to return the favour
    so, the F**k Up Fairy visited both dressing rooms...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    And no doubt you noticed that Gabi and Saka had far more 1v1s with the FBs than we usually see.

Possibly because we moved it more quickly through midfield (even with Rice there ) or possibly because Liverpool didn't actually come for a draw. Or possibly both.
    Our press was electric in the first half, we caught them out again and again. Most of the exposure came from that rather than from our deep possession (e.g. the first goal). Raya also set us off on counter attacks, including the one where Martinelli completely roasted them

Still, we never really played out through the press, we went long (e.g. the wonderful second goal). Havertz certainly makes this more effective.

Odegaard still isn't playing at his best but he contributes so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Still, we never really played out through the press, we went long (e.g. the wonderful second goal). Havertz certainly makes this more effective.
    You did see our first goal did you, Peter?

I think I remember seeing it but must admit I don't remember the build up. Terrible finish from Havertz.

Just watched it again. Excellent work

We should do more of it...