Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three more points, up to second.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, overall a good performance away from home where people have struggled.

Thought we looked a lot more fluid going forward second half and were in complete control for 89 minutes. ESR was good but I would have liked to see him on the ball more. Almost seemed that some players (Zinny) were hesitant to give it to him. Will come with time I suppose.

And yet again, I thought Havertz looked a lot more comfortable and confident when he came on.

Win Sunday and people might forget our bad spell where we had only one poor performance in 4 games
    Agree re Havertz, thought he defended well too. V pleased with ESR's showing too.

Eddie and Zinny left a lot to be desired in the build up to their goal. Saliba seemed to be a little off his usual impeccably high standard.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Agree re Havertz, thought he defended well too. V pleased with ESR's showing too.

Eddie and Zinny left a lot to be desired in the build up to their goal. Saliba seemed to be a little off his usual impeccably high standard.
    One thing I noticed in breaking down their low block was Arteta allowing our forwards more of a free role. For awhile there Saka was spending most of the time in the middle or on the left! Jesus does that naturally and Saka took to it well. Unfortunately it seemed that Martinelli wasn't real comfortable with this, unsure where to go and what runs to make.
    I like the idea there because when Saka switched back to the right they had lost their double team, allowing for him to get in those dangerous areas that in recent games have been blocked off. It also frees up Odin to make those passes only he sees.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    One thing I noticed in breaking down their low block was Arteta allowing our forwards more of a free role. For awhile there Saka was spending most of the time in the middle or on the left! Jesus does that naturally and Saka took to it well. Unfortunately it seemed that Martinelli wasn't real comfortable with this, unsure where to go and what runs to make.
    I like the idea there because when Saka switched back to the right they had lost their double team, allowing for him to get in those dangerous areas that in recent games have been blocked off. It also frees up Odin to make those passes only he sees.
    We started the game with Jesus on the left and Martinelli in the centre. Ultimately doesn't make much difference where they start, it is how they move. And specifically, how quickly they move.

For me the biggest difference is White stepping into the last third to overlap. He holds back a lot these days but he pushes on when we are trying to force the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    We started the game with Jesus on the left and Martinelli in the centre. Ultimately doesn't make much difference where they start, it is how they move. And specifically, how quickly they move.

For me the biggest difference is White stepping into the last third to overlap. He holds back a lot these days but he pushes on when we are trying to force the issue.
    With our LB playing in midfield, I had hoped to see ESR combining with Gabi on the left more than we did

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    With our LB playing in midfield, I had hoped to see ESR combining with Gabi on the left more than we did
    That is one of the main things that hasn't gone well this season.