Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HouseWimb

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    Just have to reiterate Jaywick was a joke. It's absolutely horrid. Googled Holland on Sea it sure does look pleasant. It's very close to Clacton tho which is a bit grim.

Imo Kent is where it's at. Broadstairs and Ramsgate both lovely. Spent many years there visiting my ex's family.
    I know it was a joke Clacton is grim.

I wouldn't live in Holland on Sea but it is a very pleasant and quiet few hours on the beach. Harwich is quite nice as well, but a bit out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I really like it actually. Though I am in Thurrock, I was just looking at Colchester. even maybe Shoeburyness, Not much there but that's quite appealing to me.
    I collected a dog from Shoeburyness a few years ago.

From around the area where there is a 'Spoons nextdoor to an Asda. It was as grim as you'd imagine it to be.

Thankfully, the dog is great...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    If you love Essex and the seaside go check out Jaywick

Ah, Jaywick.

The home of those strange, pre-cast, pebbledashed bungalows.

I'm sure there must be a nice part...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I know it was a joke Clacton is grim.

I wouldn't live in Holland on Sea but it is a very pleasant and quiet few hours on the beach. Harwich is quite nice as well, but a bit out of the way.
    Flying out of Clacton once a local advised me that in the event of an engine failure on take off I’d be safer crashing into the sea than landing in Jaywick

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Flying out of Clacton once a local advised me that in the event of an engine failure on take off I’d be safer crashing into the sea than landing in Jaywick
    "It's not Dubai. But it's not that bad."

https://www.essexlive.news/news/esse...d-town-3365462

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I collected a dog from Shoeburyness a few years ago.

From around the area where there is a 'Spoons nextdoor to an Asda. It was as grim as you'd imagine it to be.

Thankfully, the dog is great...
    I quite like the beach there though there is a part you can't go on as its MOD. not to be confused with modd.

I think I went to that pub as Harvester was fully booked (covid times)

Leaning towards Colchester currently I like what I can get for my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Ah, Jaywick.

The home of those strange, pre-cast, pebbledashed bungalows.

I'm sure there must be a nice part...
    Watch the documentary on it on 5 called "Benefits by the Sea: Jaywick"

Absolutely mental place.

I quite like the beach there though there is a part you can't go on as its MOD. not to be confused with modd.

Colchester is actually not a bad place to live. It is just far enough away from London to require its own facilities and there is a fair bit to do. Good arts centre, decent art gallery, shops if you like that sort of thing. Some of the pubs are pretty decent.

There are parts of it to be avoided at all costs. Be careful which parts you look at

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Colchester is actually not a bad place to live. It is just far enough away from London to require its own facilities and there is a fair bit to do. Good arts centre, decent art gallery, shops if you like that sort of thing. Some of the pubs are pretty decent.

There are parts of it to be avoided at all costs. Be careful which parts you look at
    any areas that are instant no go's? I am seeing some 'bargains' but very wary of anything so cheap. well relatively speaking.

The Parsons Barn, the pub is called, apparently.

Colchester? A bit stabby in parts...