Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HouseWimb

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Essex
    Some parts of Essex are lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I really like it actually. Though I am in Thurrock, I was just looking at Colchester. even maybe Shoeburyness, Not much there but that's quite appealing to me.

Saffron Walden

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Where were you, PRSB?
    Farnham before moving to London. Should also never have let the ex-wife have the flat for what she paid me.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Farnham before moving to London. Should also never have let the ex-wife have the flat for what she paid me.
    Oooh very nice, lovely town centre Farnham. Used to be quite the live music scene round there as I recall.

I'm about 30 min drive away, south of Guildford in the Surrey Downs.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Oooh very nice, lovely town centre Farnham. Used to be quite the live music scene round there as I recall.

I'm about 30 min drive away, south of Guildford in the Surrey Downs.
    Was down at Christmas to see my Dad and sister's family. Too many of the great pubs gone and all become quaint restaurants or coffee shops.

I think I want to move,

Where will I get the bast value for money without it being a dump?

Need to be able to get to London once a week and that doesn't cost the earth. ideally an hour or 1 hour and a half away.

In Essex now. quite like it apart from Traffic choas when the Dartford crossing closes.

Also like the idea of the Seaside.
    If you love Essex and the seaside go check out Jaywick or Clacton on Sea you'll LOVE it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    If you love Essex and the seaside go check out Jaywick or Clacton on Sea you'll LOVE it.
    Holland on Sea. A mile up the coast from Clacton. Lovely sandy beach and nobody there because there are no facilities.

I think I want to move,

Where will I get the bast value for money without it being a dump?

Need to be able to get to London once a week and that doesn't cost the earth. ideally an hour or 1 hour and a half away.

In Essex now. quite like it apart from Traffic choas when the Dartford crossing closes.

Also like the idea of the Seaside.
    We're in Margate. 1'30" to London on the HS train. Less to Stratford. Cheap. Sea. Old skool downmarket Chav and Dave cockney day out vibe meets Hipsters from London.

Best mate here is a DFL {Down from London} Gooner craftsman.

Our street - neighbours DFL professionals, creatives, academics.

Did I mention it was so cheap even we could buy somewhere here?

Holland on Sea. A mile up the coast from Clacton. Lovely sandy beach and nobody there because there are no facilities.
    Just have to reiterate Jaywick was a joke. It's absolutely horrid. Googled Holland on Sea it sure does look pleasant. It's very close to Clacton tho which is a bit grim.

Imo Kent is where it's at. Broadstairs and Ramsgate both lovely. Spent many years there visiting my ex's family.