Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never in doubt.

Never in doubt.

Cricket, eh. Bloody hell.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I reckon Tom Hartley will get

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Another Test

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Hmmm. Wonderful result. Incredible, some would say. Almost unbelievable.

Against India, I believe.

In India, you say?

Now I'm thinking that a chap who laid a wager on England to win after the first innings were over would have got awfully good odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Another Test
    Foakes did well

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Foakes did well
    Absolutely - vital effort with the bat and great behind the stumps. Should keep him

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Hmmm. Wonderful result. Incredible, some would say. Almost unbelievable.

Against India, I believe.

In India, you say?

Now I'm thinking that a chap who laid a wager on England to win after the first innings were over would have got awfully good odds.

Indeed. More importantly, the chap who came out after the first day and said we were in a good position (Ben Duckett) and got pelted for it deserves a bit of credit

Indeed. More importantly, the chap who came out after the first day and said we were in a good position (Ben Duckett) and got pelted for it deserves a bit of credit
    But..... we weren't!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    But..... we weren't!
    Oh we weren't - but he was attacked in the main for daring to have a positive attitude. The mindset of the team is that they can win from anywhere, which isn't too far from truth.

Oh we weren't - but he was attacked in the main for daring to have a positive attitude. The mindset of the team is that they can win from anywhere, which isn't too far from truth.
    Absolutely. They seem to take pride in making the rest of us look a bit daft

Keeping Hartley on in the first innings when he was getting pelted ended up being crucial. Part of their broader theme of backing players to the hilt and telling them it is ok to fail. There must be many previous players wishing they had played in that environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Absolutely. They seem to take pride in making the rest of us look a bit daft

Keeping Hartley on in the first innings when he was getting pelted ended up being crucial. Part of their broader theme of backing players to the hilt and telling them it is ok to fail. There must be many previous players wishing they had played in that environment.
    Hick immediately springs to mind.