Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did this board die for you?

When did this board die for you?

Some of us hung on for longer than others, but I think we're all at the stage of accepting this board is just a graveyard now.

But when was your moment when you conceded defeat and finally accepted it was the end of AWIMB.

For me it was when Berni and Sir C killed off Modd. The final fictional character of AWIMB dead, RIP Modd.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    Some of us hung on for longer than others, but I think we're all at the stage of accepting this board is just a graveyard now.

But when was your moment when you conceded defeat and finally accepted it was the end of AWIMB.

For me it was when Berni and Sir C killed off Modd. The final fictional character of AWIMB dead, RIP Modd.
    When Headgear was allowed to start banning people was the beginning of the end. At some point after that he banned a bunch of people, greg mitchell, Fatneck etc

That's when it really ended. Where they burn books etc

Dunno tbh. I know Awimb was great in the noughties there were some proper funny moments. Shame you lot kept banning my account. I think the last truly great time in Awimb's history was around when Nicosia Gooner took pictures of a lovely Mandarin Duck. All went to sh*t shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    When Headgear was allowed to start banning people was the beginning of the end. At some point after that he banned a bunch of people, greg mitchell, Fatneck etc

That's when it really ended. Where they burn books etc
    That's a good shout, power really does affect people in funny ways.

It reminds me of when we were weren't allowed to post links to Facebook or Twitter and stuff. I don't think I ever did understand what that was all about.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    Dunno tbh. I know Awimb was great in the noughties there were some proper funny moments. Shame you lot kept banning my account. I think the last truly great time in Awimb's history was around when Nicosia Gooner took pictures of a lovely Mandarin Duck. All went to sh*t shortly after.
    Nikos had some real classics on here. Apart from the Mandarin Duck, we also had the Brita water filters and the one that still makes me chuckle to this day was his work colleague who fell off a cliff, unfortunately. I think PSRB took the brunt of that one if I remember rightly. He was/is a really nice chap IRL. I supported his annual charity calendar for a few years.

Nikos had some real classics on here. Apart from the Mandarin Duck, we also had the Brita water filters and the one that still makes me chuckle to this day was his work colleague who fell off a cliff, unfortunately. I think PSRB took the brunt of that one if I remember rightly. He was/is a really nice chap IRL. I supported his annual charity calendar for a few years.
    "Unfortunately", I use that phrase all the time to describe terrible events. It just reinforced in my head that I should.

Yes, he is/was a very nice chap IRL

Are you still running a Sebo M?

Fash ruined it,

Sadly we should have made more of this. AFTV just did a video version

Not that I am fash but if I was what a transformation
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 01-25-2024 at 04:41 PM.

I was always more a lurker but I remember when Facebook took off. Half the regular posters just buggered off to that and set up an AWIMB FB group, so they could spend all day both being on FB with their normal mates and chatting AWIMB stuff with the AWIMBers who'd joined then.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Are you still running a Sebo M?

Absolutely! Had my one well over 10 years and it's never had a single problem. My mum has had hers for over 20 years now I reckon and the same, never skipped a beat.

Although to give my view some balance, I did actually purchase a Dyson a year or so ago. To be fair, the battery concept combined with the wand design makes a lot of sense from a usability point of view. Being able to just grab it and quickly go over the kitchen floor of an evening or something is very quick and easy. I have no doubt it will not last 10-20 years though.