Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: City charges.......

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Oh, my experience is that they do care about money over there. So much so, they marry family members to keep their wealth in their family...

Still, £30bn? a drop in the oily ocean
    I think it is still more than they would happily lose over something as silly as football. Let's face it, they only got involved because property is boring. There are plenty of other countries to pillage and sports to destroy.

And then english football can happily carry on being owned by Americans....

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I doubt it. Abu Dhabi has around 10% of the world's oil reserves iirc.
    Abu Dhabi? he's injured 2-3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Bowling, p

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think they are going to come up with a hefty (and I mean hefty) fine. That will teach them for being willing to pump billions of their own money into the club.
    Very good. I feel it has to be either the King's Gallantry Medal or the gallows. No half measures; total exoneration or complete condemnation otherwise it will look like a cover-up, a farce.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I know, but it is wrong to think that these people don't care about money. They do. I agree that fines in the millions is the equivalent of fining me a fiver but if you start fining them in the tens of billions, they will sod off elsewhere.

You could use some of the money to settle the inevitable claims of the sides who missed out on champions league qualification or got relegated because of City.

I think the only possible solution here is to find them not guilty. I suspect that is where this will end......
    This is bigger than soccerball

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ame...ae-2021-09-14/
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."