Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: City charges.......

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I mean I wouldn't go kicking a football across the road from the Twelve Pins to the Blackstock and stopping all the traffic but, yes, a glass would be raised.
    I would never, ever count it as a title win and I would be embarrassed if the club did.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have a drink

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think they are going to come up with a hefty (and I mean hefty) fine. That will teach them for being willing to pump billions of their own money into the club.
    A fine on top of points / relegation.

teams like City or Barcodes - a fine, no matter the size, wouldn't touch the sides.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I would never, ever count it as a title win and I would be embarrassed if the club did.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have a drink
    A title with an asterisk *
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    A title with an asterisk *
    Should have signed Obelisk as well - strength in depth

A fine on top of points / relegation.

teams like City or Barcodes - a fine, no matter the size, wouldn't touch the sides.
    How about a fine of 30 billion quid?

It would stop them doing it again.

How about a fine of 30 billion quid?

It would stop them doing it again.
    I doubt it. Abu Dhabi has around 10% of the world's oil reserves iirc.

I doubt it. Abu Dhabi has around 10% of the world's oil reserves iirc.
    I know, but it is wrong to think that these people don't care about money. They do. I agree that fines in the millions is the equivalent of fining me a fiver but if you start fining them in the tens of billions, they will sod off elsewhere.

You could use some of the money to settle the inevitable claims of the sides who missed out on champions league qualification or got relegated because of City.

I think the only possible solution here is to find them not guilty. I suspect that is where this will end......

I know, but it is wrong to think that these people don't care about money. They do.

Oh, my experience is that they do care about money over there. So much so, they marry family members to keep their wealth in their family...

Still, £30bn? a drop in the oily ocean

I think the only possible solution here is to find them not guilty. I suspect that is where this will end......
    I agree. That and City can afford better lawyers than the PL.

Shame really, I'm not sure how you can charge a team for failing to cooperate and then the PL admit that City did, in fact, cooperate.

I agree. That and City can afford better lawyers than the PL.

Shame really, I'm not sure how you can charge a team for failing to cooperate and then the PL admit that City did, in fact, cooperate.
    Oh, that bit is easy. You can accept that the cooperation, whilst being below that which was to be expected, did not materially contribute to a transgression of the rules or impact the integrity of the competition. Or some other form of words that basically says we have bottled it.

And then you can take a real stand and fine them 2 million quid