Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So we're having trouble scoring goals, and some would say playing more fluidly

So we're having trouble scoring goals, and some would say playing more fluidly

in midfield, and we seem to be rumoured to be interested in an Everton defensive midfielder despite having Rice, Partey, Jorginho and Elneny who can play there.

Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    in midfield, and we seem to be rumoured to be interested in an Everton defensive midfielder despite having Rice, Partey, Jorginho and Elneny who can play there.

Hmmm
    GG and centre backs
    Arsene and midgets
    Mikel and defensive midfielders

At least we have variety

Hmmm
    Maybe we have received a huge offer from Saudi Arabia for Elneny

Or Partey's legs have finally fallen off completely.

Hmmm
    I suppose El Neny will be off in the summer.
    Jorginho is an old footballer and certainly no Gilberto Silva
    Partey has possibly died of his numerous injuries...

It is a signing that makes sense if it allows Rice to play higher up the pitch.

And, I guess, no decent striker is available in January unless you massively overpay
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

The spice of life, innit.

Mikel wants Zirksee apparently. Decent player, so I gather. Legendary, even. Last seen waylaying greek sailors returning from the Trojan War, turning them into swine and then ravishing them. Something a bit different.

And as we all know, with all the big games coming up, you cannot have too much of that sort of thing in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    GG and centre backs
    Arsene and midgets
    Mikel and defensive midfielders

At least we have variety
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Right. Agree

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I suppose El Neny will be off in the summer.
    Jorginho is an old footballer and certainly no Gilberto Silva
    Partey has possibly died of his numerous injuries...

It is a signing that makes sense if it allows Rice to play higher up the pitch.

And, I guess, no decent striker is available in January unless you massively overpay
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Everton haven't had a decent midfielder since Sir Alan Ball (pbuh).

Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Everton haven't had a decent midfielder since Sir Alan Ball (pbuh).
    Ahem - Mikel?

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Ahem - Mikel?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Exactly.
    Peter Reid