Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Franz gegangen.

Franz gegangen.

Auf Wiedersehen der Kaiser. RiF.

Ruhe in Frieden.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Denied Blessed Johan the world cup winner's medal he deserved

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Ruhe in Frieden.
    No need for that sort of language. But a sad day indeed

JPR as well - now there was a player

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    No need for that sort of language. But a sad day indeed

JPR as well - now there was a player
    Earliest memories of 5 Nations is my Dad telling me to watch this Welsh Full back who was a bit special.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Earliest memories of 5 Nations is my Dad telling me to watch this Welsh Full back who was a bit special.
    Yep - mine too. And my Dad was no fan of the backs in general (he was a wing-forward as they used to be called)

Yep - mine too. And my Dad was no fan of the backs in general (he was a wing-forward as they used to be called)
    Powerful, powerful player - surprising he played full-back given how much smaller the players were back then. He could have played in the pack.

There was a documentary on the 74 Lions tour of SA some time ago and he stood out as the most intimidating of the Lions either when playing rugby or when hitting someone.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Powerful, powerful player - surprising he played full-back given how much smaller the players were back then. He could have played in the pack.

There was a documentary on the 74 Lions tour of SA some time ago and he stood out as the most intimidating of the Lions either when playing rugby or when hitting someone.

Actually started one game at flanker for Wales when they had a load of injuries - he was that good. If he hadn't gone on to be a doctor he could have been a top tennis player as well

We all had the same Dad

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Actually started one game at flanker for Wales when they had a load of injuries - he was that good. If he hadn't gone on to be a doctor he could have been a top tennis player as well
    These people who are really great at everything they do...

...get right on my tits
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”