Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Nice 2 week break in Dubai for the squad

Agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    A few days out on the sauce might do them some good. This trip sounds ****ing dull
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Jamie Vardy and Miroslav Klose would be two fairly recent examples of terrific strikers (who were initially missed by their national federations and clubs).

It's like hounds; if you want to go hare-coursing you have to get hare-coursing dogs. You don't buy a golden retriever and train it to run fast!

It isn't as if there are undiscovered Ted Drakes knocking about here and there. Easier to turn a footballer into a centre forward than the other way around
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Worst record they ever did make.

Indeed. Iron Maiden had to get a lot worse before finally getting a number one

Thing is, everyone knows he CAN play.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    There’s an overall familiarity breeds contempt vibe for me. It’s unreasonable of course even his brighter moments are clouded as it went in off his knee or ankle or neck.
    The worm turned for me with that feeble, misdirected header at the weekend I’m afraid. He met the cross with his chin in his chest and thereafter he was dead to me. That and the ridiculous celebrations with the hands flapping at his ears and the tongue.
    If he were a horse, and there is a resemblance, I’d have ordered the blanket and rifle I’m afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Jamie Vardy and Miroslav Klose would be two fairly recent examples of terrific strikers (who were initially missed by their national federations and clubs).

It's like hounds; if you want to go hare-coursing you have to get hare-coursing dogs. You don't buy a golden retriever and train it to run fast!
    A feller, who know’s these things, once told me that a retriever comes to you half trained, whereas a Springer leaves you half trained.
    Having owned a welshie for nine years, I can honestly say that was sage advice .

Don't really know gun dogs but that makes some sense. They smirk at you when you miss an easy shot.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    A feller, who know’s these things, once told me that a retriever comes to you half trained, whereas a Springer leaves you half trained.
    Having owned a welshie for nine years, I can honestly say that was sage advice .