Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Nice 2 week break in Dubai for the squad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That's quite right. Alan Smith and Dennis and Robert Pires too.

Which just goes to show you; whilst almost all footballers can play football; very few footballers can score over 300 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    If Henry hadn't been such a good footballer he would have scored more goals.

That's one for red to unpick
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's quite right. Alan Smith and Dennis and Robert Pires too.

Which just goes to show you; whilst almost all footballers can play football; very few footballers can score over 300 goals.
    Telling Dennis Bergkamp that he didn't score enough goals is like telling Led Zeppelin they didn't have enough hit singles.

Telling Dennis Bergkamp that he didn't score enough goals is like telling Led Zeppelin they didn't have enough hit singles.

They never got a number 1 in the charts though. (only abroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    They never got a number 1 in the charts though. (only abroad)
    Well they didnt release singles. They didn't want to. That was for other bands.

Dennis was the same. Others can score goals. If he focuses on scoring them himself, who is going to create them? Surely he needs to leave something for the others to do

Oh, no. He scored plenty. I meant, he would've scored even more had he been a worse player.

Anyway, I've always been a Maiden-man. Hit singles are overrated.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Oh, no. He scored plenty. I meant, he would've scored even more had he been a worse player.

Anyway, I've always been a Maiden-man. Hit singles are overrated.
    Indeed. Iron Maiden had to get a lot worse before finally getting a number one

Worst record they ever did make.

Indeed. Iron Maiden had to get a lot worse before finally getting a number one