Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice 2 week break in Dubai for the squad

Nice 2 week break in Dubai for the squad

Probably very good timing for this. Reset and go again.

Not sure about Onana from Everton....is that what we need?

[QUOTE=PSRB;4274468]Probably very good timing for this. Reset and go again.

Not sure about Onana from Everton....is that what we need?[/

We convinced ourselves that Havertz was what we needed, so what could possibly go wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Probably right about the break but would rather we were playing this weekend. Need something to do.

I like Onana - would be a quality addition. I don't think the player we need is available. Very unconvinced by Toney particularly at the asking price. Not sure what forward (deadly striker) is available (and affordable)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Probably right about the break but would rather we were playing this weekend. Need something to do.

I like Onana - would be a quality addition. I don't think the player we need is available. Very unconvinced by Toney particularly at the asking price. Not sure what forward (deadly striker) is available (and affordable)
    Completely agree. I like Onana, I don't think Toney is right for us at all. And I dont really see where the money is coming from.

Saka and Odegaard badly need a break. I am still not willing to accept that our current forwards are incapable of delivering goals as they did last season. I think Arteta needs to change their mindset. Everything is too cautious and hesitant at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Completely agree. I like Onana, I don't think Toney is right for us at all. And I dont really see where the money is coming from.

Saka and Odegaard badly need a break. I am still not willing to accept that our current forwards are incapable of delivering goals as they did last season. I think Arteta needs to change their mindset. Everything is too cautious and hesitant at the moment.
    That was the most infuriating thing about Havertz yesterday, always wanted to take an extra touch! Yes, Saka skyed that chance but at least he took it on (and was his weaker foot)

That was the most infuriating thing about Havertz yesterday, always wanted to take an extra touch! Yes, Saka skyed that chance but at least he took it on (and was his weaker foot)
    Havertz should never, ever, ever play up front. Shirley if we learned anything from his days at Chelsea it would be that.

Don't understand how Arteta could possibly think that would work out better than Eddie up front.

Shame because I really think he has been much better in midfield recently.

It was a one-off. Anyway, they're not going to do that EVERY season. At the risk of perhaps repeating myself, that's what strikers are for. Their disposition is different

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It was a one-off. Anyway, they're not going to do that EVERY season. At the risk of perhaps repeating myself, that's what strikers are for. Their disposition is different
    Strikers are old hat. Nobody even bothers breeding them these days. We don't need them.

What we need is more midfielders. Clever chaps who can pick a pass.

It's sad to say, however you're quite correct. And a fat lot of good it's done us!

Indeed, things are so bad that the only decent team in ANY league is always the one managed by Pep Guardiola, he seems to be the only one that accepts that certain things in football HAVE to happen, HAVE to be that way, simply because the game itself demands it.

It may not make sense, even to HIM, given his dreams of playing eleven tricky midgets every week, but enough good people around him know and understand and have convinced him that it simply doesn't work that way. Which is why he has always been sure to have at least one of the world's best goal-scoring number nines in his squad, all the while successfully gaslighting weak-minded football folk that all those victories and trophies is about tiki-taka. *******o

Strikers are old hat. Nobody even bothers breeding them these days. We don't need them.

What we need is more midfielders. Clever chaps who can pick a pass.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

In January, buggering off for a couple of weeks in the sunshine? Always a good idea. Lovely.