Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we finally accept that Havertz is a useless, gangly Kraut ?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Pretty much sums it up. Bloody infuriating. We should have been 3 up at half-time.
    I do wish Odegaard would stop waving his arms to the fans.

Rather ironic that against THEM, all we really needed was someone to tell our forwards to just calm down.

Pretty much sums it up. Bloody infuriating. We should have been 3 up at half-time.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Rather ironic that against THEM, all we really needed was someone to tell our forwards to just calm down.
    I also thought Havertz was decent for 60 minutes. As usual, don't understand the subs.

I also thought Havertz was decent for 60 minutes. As usual, don't understand the subs.
    I don't understand what Smith Rowe has done wrong. A player that was so effective for us a few years ago can hardly get minutes even in this pretty desperate situation.

It is approaching the point where he must be thinking of leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I don't understand what Smith Rowe has done wrong. A player that was so effective for us a few years ago can hardly get minutes even in this pretty desperate situation.

He was in the England squad. Nowhere near it now, wouldn't blame him for leaving, far too good to be an 87th minute sub.

You do realise, don't you, that referring to appearances as "minutes" is simply asking for it? Just egging them on, encouraging them.

Anyway, to your point; perhaps squad hierarchy demands that other players' needs come first, more senior individuals' also need "minutes"? Cedric in the Champions League, for example, had a greater, more long-standing claim to a spot than the youngsters everyone wanted to see?

Not certain what young ESR's preferred position is but suppose it's where the captain and the Kraut also play. We can see why he might struggle for games, when the three of them are available.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

I like Kai but he solves a problem we didn't really have. Like Dave the goalie.

I've always said, the trouble with young managers is not that they don't have all the answers, but that they have too many questions. We hired him knowing he was young and inexperienced and full of "ideas" though so we have to let him get on with it and support him.

He’s been usurped for an experiment that’s failing dismally.

You do realise, don't you, that referring to appearances as "minutes" is simply asking for it? Just egging them on, encouraging them.

Anyway, to your point; perhaps squad hierarchy demands that other players' needs come first, more senior individuals' also need "minutes"? Cedric in the Champions League, for example, had a greater, more long-standing claim to a spot than the youngsters everyone wanted to see?

Not certain what young ESR's preferred position is but suppose it's where the captain and the Kraut also play. We can see why he might struggle for games, when the three of them are available.
    He was pretty successful on the left for a while. A different option to Martinelli who is wasted out there on his own.

I like Kai but he solves a problem we didn't really have. Like Dave the goalie.

I've always said, the trouble with young managers is not that they don't have all the answers, but that they have too many questions. We hired him knowing he was young and inexperienced and full of "ideas" though so we have to let him get on with it and support him.
    The problem is that Xhaka left. He has replaced him in the side. So far the only part of Xhaka's role he has replicated is the ability to get booked for your first foul.