Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We will beat Liverpool in the FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    and will paper over the cracks.

and no doubt some clown will score so no need to do any transfer business and Arteta will do some excellent substitutions

Personally don't think we will. Liverpool playing with some serious flair ATM and imo have much better depth than us. We will not treat the FA Cup with the respect it deserves, play an experimental starting 11 and get knocked out in both domestic cups early doors... again.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes. The rest of his game is great precisely BECAUSE his finishing is "awful". We tried to encourage him to make goalscoring a priority by giving him the number nine shirt, but there's a reason Manchester City were perfectly willing to upgrade.

We are seeing the difference between someone who "can" score goals and somebody who is actually a goalscorer.
    Absolutely. We only got him because he doesn't score goals. If he did he would have been out of our price range and still at City.

He just needs to find a more effective way of not scoring goals.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    Personally don't think we will. Liverpool playing with some serious flair ATM and imo have much better depth than us. We will not treat the FA Cup with the respect it deserves, play an experimental starting 11 and get knocked out in both domestic cups early doors... again.
    And I think he will field a strong side and we will still lose.

I couldn't care less about the FA cup and think the sooner we are out of it the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    And I think he will field a strong side and we will still lose.

I couldn't care less about the FA cup and think the sooner we are out of it the better.
    Why? It's the one trophy we have a realistic chance of actually winning. As long as it isn't to the detriment of top 4, then I always want to win the FA Cup!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Why? It's the one trophy we have a realistic chance of actually winning. As long as it isn't to the detriment of top 4, then I always want to win the FA Cup!
    We've won it too often in the last 10 year, I am fed up with it

Arteta is pretty awful at rotation so staying in it is just more games for an already stretched back line, multiplying the chance of us having to go through a tough run in with defenders who are not up to playing against the best sides- Cedric this year, Holding last year, Holding and Cedric the year before.

Top four is not looking a formality this year.

I would rather we make a few waves in the Champions League than win the FA Cup.