Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We will beat Liverpool in the FA Cup

We will beat Liverpool in the FA Cup

and will paper over the cracks.

and no doubt some clown will score so no need to do any transfer business and Arteta will do some excellent substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

and no doubt some clown will score so no need to do any transfer business and Arteta will do some excellent substitutions

The absolute worst thing we could do right now is splash 100 million on a striker not much better than Eddie.

If we have money to spend, I'd focus on the midfield and defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The absolute worst thing we could do right now is splash 100 million on a striker not much better than Eddie.

Is Xhaka available? I have given up on Partey ever playing again. something very odd going on there.

Also am I wrong to think I don't think Jesus is very good I liked him at the beginning but now he seems to fall over all the time and have a sad face.

I agree with this.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I agree with this.
    But we just spent over 100m on midfield and now it's not as good
    Though Rice is class.

Is Xhaka available? I have given up on Partey ever playing again. something very odd going on there.

Also am I wrong to think I don't think Jesus is very good I liked him at the beginning but now he seems to fall over all the time and have a sad face.
    He has always had that sad face

Right from the start I thought his finishing was awful. The rest of his game is great. If he could just score goals......

Right from the start I thought his finishing was awful. The rest of his game is great. If he could just score goals......
    he also has quizzical eyebrows.

Saka and Martinelli need to find their 2023 form. Personally, I think we just had a blip. Need to speed up everything by 5-10% and we'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Saka and Martinelli need to find their 2023 form. Personally, I think we just had a blip. Need to speed up everything by 5-10% and we'll be fine.
    I think it is a blip in results (as you say, through key players having a dip in form) but the performances have been fairly ordinary all season. We haven't produced the football we played last season.

I am constantly told we have more control in the big games and can handle big occasions. Yet in our four toughest away games we have lost at Villa and Newcastle, and drawn at Anfield and Chelsea. Two points. We took 10 points from those games last season......

Yes. The rest of his game is great precisely BECAUSE his finishing is "awful". We tried to encourage him to make goalscoring a priority by giving him the number nine shirt, but there's a reason Manchester City were perfectly willing to upgrade.

We are seeing the difference between someone who "can" score goals and somebody who is actually a goalscorer.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."