Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I withhold judgement until WES has given his intelligent and insightful analysis of

I withhold judgement until WES has given his intelligent and insightful analysis of

our recent defeats and our broader long term prospects. He will castigate you all for your ill informed negativity then patiently explain why we are still the best team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    our recent defeats and our broader long term prospects. He will castigate you all for your ill informed negativity then patiently explain why we are still the best team in the league.
    Well, first of all, HNY to you and yours Herb - you socially inept, todger tugging, Java loving geek boy.

Secondly, two games ago we drew at Liverpool and were top of the league. Since then, we have completely outplayed a top 10 side but found a way to lose, and then performed abysmally at Fulham (something hardly unheard of in our club's recent history).

I have no idea if we'll win the league, but anyone that has considerably altered their view based on the last 2 games is clearly a cretin who does not deserve this wonderful club, manager and team.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well, first of all, HNY to you and yours Herb - you socially inept, todger tugging, Java loving geek boy.

Secondly, two games ago we drew at Liverpool and were top of the league. Since then, we have completely outplayed a top 10 side but found a way to lose, and then performed abysmally at Fulham (something hardly unheard of in our club's recent history).

I have no idea if we'll win the league, but anyone that has considerably altered their view based on the last 2 games is clearly a cretin who does not deserve this wonderful club, manager and team.

I still maintain that Arteta is crap at substitutions.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    :Nod: he tries all or nothing.

Plus our bench is dysmal at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    :Nod: he tries all or nothing.

Plus our bench is dysmal at the moment.
    I can't for the life of me understand how Eddie stayed on. Offered nothing for the entire match

I can't for the life of me understand how Eddie stayed on. Offered nothing for the entire match
    Make that the entire season, except for the time we steam rollered the worst team in the league. I remember some of the MoTD pundits saying he was world class that day 😁

The last two results have been coming, pretty much all season.

The only thing that has genuinely shocked me is that the entire world seems to completely misunderstand what the problem is.

We wont be winning the league, as I said a few months ago. Top four will do this year, although that may well not be straightforward at all. Hopefully by the end of the year either Arteta's plan will have started working or he will have worked out a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The last two results have been coming, pretty much all season.

The only thing that has genuinely shocked me is that the entire world seems to completely misunderstand what the problem is.

We wont be winning the league, as I said a few months ago. Top four will do this year, although that may well not be straightforward at all. Hopefully by the end of the year either Arteta's plan will have started working or he will have worked out a new one.
    Yes, you are very consistent, Peter. This I give you.

No matter what happens you are always certain that we will fail.

Yes, you are very consistent, Peter. This I give you.

No matter what happens you are always certain that we will fail.

He’s right on this occasion though. As SC commented, the quality isn’t quite there. It’s considerably better than a few seasons back, and there are certainly reasons to be cheerful, but…

Results for the last 39 games played since Everton away on Feb 4th it is-
    Played 39, won 21, drew 8 and lost 10 in the league. That is just 71points from 39 games.
    That’s 25% lost !
    I’m hoping we see some additions in January

And while it is no excuse for the performance, it should be noted that the referee was an utter c*nt of the highest order.

And his linos too