Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Odegaard

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    said at the time, £30m was an absolute steal. I could watch the lad all day, cracking player.

Oh and never thought I'd say £105m was great value but Rice is outstanding.
    He’s a terrific player, the way he threads a pass is quite special. My only critique would be his wastefulness in front of goal. He does spurn his fair share of opportunities.
    Brighton certainly defended deep. The moment where Dunk was rolling around clutching his Jacob’s was pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Last season we had to rely on Rob Holding. The season before we had to rely on Holding and Cedric and they both got horribly found out at Spurs.

I am concerned we will end up with Cedric again this season. He is actually ok against most of the Premier League but if we have to go to City, Spurs or United with him at right back it will cost us.

I don't see Timber playing this year. Obviously if everyone else is fit we will be ok but that is a very, very big if. In the last couple of seasons we have generally run out of steam a bit during the run in, largely as a consequence of playing a very consistent first XI through the season. Maybe the squad can cope a bit better this year but the defensive cover is the big concern.
    I'm praying that this is Tommi's one annual injury getting out of the way. If we have him as cover, we could deal with an injury to RB/RCH.

Also, what do you think of TP5 as the inverted RB? In theory it should work - he played right back when we lost that Euro-semi - but we can't have Zinny at LB. Actually, KT would have been fine if we told him not to overdo the bombing forward as he can play left of a back 3 - and Tommi would if both FBs were injured.

Just not sure about Kiwior yet - pray to Ganpati he comes good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I'm praying that this is Tommi's one annual injury getting out of the way. If we have him as cover, we could deal with an injury to RB/RCH.

Also, what do you think of TP5 as the inverted RB? In theory it should work - he played right back when we lost that Euro-semi - but we can't have Zinny at LB. Actually, KT would have been fine if we told him not to overdo the bombing forward as he can play left of a back 3 - and Tommi would if both FBs were injured.

Just not sure about Kiwior yet - pray to Ganpati he comes good.
    I am not convinced by Partey as the inverted right back. Nor am I convinced that he will still be here after January. OR, if he is, that he will be fit. I am also not sure that the inverted right back works as well for us as an inverted left back. The balance doesn't work very well given the slant of our midfield.

If we avoid injuries we will be fine. But that would have also been the case in the previous two years.

Anyway, **** it. We have to get to March in decent shape for it to even be a problem. Let's worry about it later

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    He’s a terrific player, the way he threads a pass is quite special. My only critique would be his wastefulness in front of goal. He does spurn his fair share of opportunities.
    Brighton certainly defended deep. The moment where Dunk was rolling around clutching his Jacob’s was pure gold.
    Will always make me chuckle, unless it's me getting smacked in the plums
    https://twitter.com/premierleague/st...76772684325197