Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Odegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    We played really well yesterday. However, it was only Gross missing from 5 yards that prevented us dropping points. Far too tentative in front of goal.

Ben White continues to worry me. Ball watching for that Gross chance.

For the third season running we face 3 tough away games in the last 9 games of the run in- this year it is City, Spurs and United. For the third season running, we are a bit short of defensive cover. I am a bit concerned that we will tail off during the run in- for the third season running.

I can't see us getting anything at Anfield.
    I’m shocked, Peter, shocked I say!

I had just assumed you would be a veritable fortress of unbridled optimism and positive thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I’m shocked, Peter, shocked I say!

I had just assumed you would be a veritable fortress of unbridled optimism and positive thinking.

I always look for the positives in any situation..

I just rarely find them

I hate Anfield. I am not able to be positive about playing there.

Although funnily enough, in May 89 I was absolutely convinced we would be beat them and win the league. Weird.....

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Decs is terrific. And just the one yellow card so far? Remarkable.
    Didn't know that. That's amazing.

We played really well yesterday. However, it was only Gross missing from 5 yards that prevented us dropping points. Far too tentative in front of goal.

Ben White continues to worry me. Ball watching for that Gross chance.

For the third season running we face 3 tough away games in the last 9 games of the run in- this year it is City, Spurs and United. For the third season running, we are a bit short of defensive cover. I am a bit concerned that we will tail off during the run in- for the third season running.

I can't see us getting anything at Anfield.
    If Ganpati's {HIM, not me} good luck and fortune were to bless us:

1. Tommy's been looking amazing this season, and having his annual injury in winter means that he won't be injured during the run-in this time 'round.

2. There's a possibility that Timber could be back for the end of the season. Would you want to play someone who's coming back from a long term injury and only has something like 32 mins of PL experience in total during a vital run-in? I dunno.

But if both are fit, we'd have top drawer cover at LB/RB, Inverted Back and CH. Which I think was the plan all along.

What do people think about young Jakob, btw, both at LCH and LB?

Odegaard is my favourite player for us. I love a flair player pass master. And he actually works hard.

The funniest thing about Rice is how West Ham fans try to delude themselves that they are better off without him. He's borderline World Class.

What do people think about young Jakob, btw, both at LCH and LB?[/QUOTE]

Jakub. We need decent squad players and he seems to fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    If Ganpati's {HIM, not me} good luck and fortune were to bless us:

1. Tommy's been looking amazing this season, and having his annual injury in winter means that he won't be injured during the run-in this time 'round.

2. There's a possibility that Timber could be back for the end of the season. Would you want to play someone who's coming back from a long term injury and only has something like 32 mins of PL experience in total during a vital run-in? I dunno.

But if both are fit, we'd have top drawer cover at LB/RB, Inverted Back and CH. Which I think was the plan all along.

What do people think about young Jakob, btw, both at LCH and LB?
    Last season we had to rely on Rob Holding. The season before we had to rely on Holding and Cedric and they both got horribly found out at Spurs.

I am concerned we will end up with Cedric again this season. He is actually ok against most of the Premier League but if we have to go to City, Spurs or United with him at right back it will cost us.

I don't see Timber playing this year. Obviously if everyone else is fit we will be ok but that is a very, very big if. In the last couple of seasons we have generally run out of steam a bit during the run in, largely as a consequence of playing a very consistent first XI through the season. Maybe the squad can cope a bit better this year but the defensive cover is the big concern.

Last season we had to rely on Rob Holding. The season before we had to rely on Holding and Cedric and they both got horribly found out at Spurs.

I am concerned we will end up with Cedric again this season. He is actually ok against most of the Premier League but if we have to go to City, Spurs or United with him at right back it will cost us.

I don't see Timber playing this year. Obviously if everyone else is fit we will be ok but that is a very, very big if. In the last couple of seasons we have generally run out of steam a bit during the run in, largely as a consequence of playing a very consistent first XI through the season. Maybe the squad can cope a bit better this year but the defensive cover is the big concern.
    United? They're utter pony

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    United? They're utter pony
    Yeah, but they're not. And Cedric up against Rashford, at Old Trafford? **** that!

Yeah, but they're not. And Cedric up against Rashford, at Old Trafford? **** that!
    Not playing Rashford though, they're using the massively overrated Garnacho. Plus the dissatisfaction from the crowd at OT is currently reminiscent of Emirates at the back end of the Wenger era. Granted, they'll probably have a new manager by the time we roll up