Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Yanited

Yanited

Dennis, they're ****e.

Which of their players would get in the Arsenal side?
    Or Villa? Or them.

None, I'd image.

****ing lovely 😍
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Dennis, they're ****e.

Which of their players would get in the Arsenal side?
    Or Villa? Or them.

None, I'd image.

****ing lovely 😍
    But hold on, IUFG. I seem to recall being told by endless numbers of their supporters back in the 90s and 00s that they won the league most years because they were the biggest club in the world and that would always be true so this was simply the natural order of things?

You mean, maybe, just maybe, they are just another large English club and now that the youth system isn't producing much and they can't seem to find a decent manager they're rather sh1t?

Yes, f*cking lovely

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    But hold on, IUFG. I seem to recall being told by endless numbers of their supporters back in the 90s and 00s that they won the league most years because they were the biggest club in the world and that would always be true so this was simply the natural order of things?

You mean, maybe, just maybe, they are just another large English club and now that the youth system isn't producing much and they can't seem to find a decent manager they're rather sh1t?

Yes, f*cking lovely
    Scholes banging on about how it should have been easy for them to sign Kane and Rice, it's not the 90's and your club is a ****ing mess. Why would any top player want to go there? (other than money).

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Yes, f*cking lovely
    Firstly, their youth system is still producing players. Rashford, Greenwood (despite legal problems) and this new young midfielder looks pretty good.

Secondly, their strength was partly built on not just how rich they were but how rich they were compared to others. Chelsea and City removed their financial advantage.

Thirdly, yesm they had one of the greatest managers ever to grace the british game and their success was built on that. Of course it was,

Finally, they are struggling because they havent found the structure that we have stumbled on with Edu. Like every other club, they need to get to a place where their strategy is in line with their coaching, and they are appointing managers who fit that strategy. Their transfer activity has been a mess since Ferguson left.

If they sort that out they will challenge City because they are the only club who can challenge them financially. Until they sort that out, they will be a bit ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Firstly, their youth system is still producing players. Rashford, Greenwood (despite legal problems) and this new young midfielder looks pretty good.

Secondly, their strength was partly built on not just how rich they were but how rich they were compared to others. Chelsea and City removed their financial advantage.

Thirdly, yesm they had one of the greatest managers ever to grace the british game and their success was built on that. Of course it was,

Finally, they are struggling because they havent found the structure that we have stumbled on with Edu. Like every other club, they need to get to a place where their strategy is in line with their coaching, and they are appointing managers who fit that strategy. Their transfer activity has been a mess since Ferguson left.

If they sort that out they will challenge City because they are the only club who can challenge them financially. Until they sort that out, they will be a bit ****.
    Fans are generational though. United have been able to maintain their aura for decades but give it another twenty years of City dominance and things could change considerably. There’s too much money slushing around amongst other top clubs for United to achieve what they had under Ferguson. Having City for neighbours is a major road block.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Fans are generational though. United have been able to maintain their aura for decades but give it another twenty years of City dominance and things could change considerably. There’s too much money slushing around amongst other top clubs for United to achieve what they had under Ferguson. Having City for neighbours is a major road block.
    City are currently doing it, despite United spending similar amounts. I am not stupid enough to suggest that it isn't the money that is driving City's success but it is Pep, and the structure they have around him, that is achieving it. United are capable of doing the same although you are not going to see tenures of the kind of length that Ferguson and Wenger achieved.

When Pep leaves, City may well become ordinary, or at least inconsistent, for a while. As long as they have the best coach and the right structure, the rest of us are going to seriously struggle to compete with them. United and Chelsea are the only ones with the financial muscle to do it. Perhaps Newcastle.

When you look at their financial clout, maybe we have reached the limit of what Arteta can achieve with us. Top four and knockout stages of the Champions League may be the realistic limit, perhaps nicking the odd title here and there when others have an off year.