Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Prime. Spuds half time panel last night.

Prime. Spuds half time panel last night.

The absolute state of that female pundit. You could feel the embarrassment from Les Ferdinand & Martinez. Why do these producers go there ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    The absolute state of that female pundit. You could feel the embarrassment from Les Ferdinand & Martinez. Why do these producers go there ?
    Les and Martinez are hardly giants of the footballing world themselves.

After the Luton game Martinez said Luton were much better than Arsenal in the second half. What ****ing game was he watching??

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

After the Luton game Martinez said Luton were much better than Arsenal in the second half. What ****ing game was he watching??
    Eni Aluko? She's thick as mince, absolute tokenism at it's finest. In the interest of balance, Shay Given is also thick as a submarine door and his only offering ever is that Newcastle will sneak it.
    Last edited by PSRB; 12-08-2023 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Eni Aluko? She's thick as mince, absolute tokenism at it's finest. In the interest of balance, Shay Given is also thick as a submarine door and his only offering ever is that Newcastle will sneak it.
    Ray Parlour isn't exactly an intellectual giant

Punditry is such a low bar that I don't really mind giving the women a go.

I don’t really have issues with presenters or opinions, even where I disagree but this particular bint took centre stage and started going off about tactics, positions and where individual players were going wrong with certain runs etc.
    I mean, why not go the full 9 yards next time and bring in a couple of 15 year old district lads ? I find it quite disrespectful to the ex pro’s.
    The bird was probably on around 20 grand a year in her day and she’s getting embroiled on a technical level.
    Where’s the line between mediocrity and merit for these producers ?

That’s because you’re not an ex pro and having to share a platform with a hoofer.
    I agree that some ex pro’s are better left away from the mic but they’ve at least put in the years at top level to have a professional opinion.
    Presenting is a different issue because they’re representing the viewers questions. Give me Kelly Dalgleish over a pompous arse like Keys every time.

That’s because you’re not an ex pro and having to share a platform with a hoofer.
    I agree that some ex pro’s are better left away from the mic but they’ve at least put in the years at top level to have a professional opinion.
    Presenting is a different issue because they’re representing the viewers questions. Give me Kelly Dalgleish over a pompous arse like Keys every time.
    Absolutely, Woodsy, Alex Scott and Caroline Barker who does WSL are all very good presenters. I have no issue at all with female hosts.
    Last edited by PSRB; 12-08-2023 at 12:13 PM.

I don’t really have issues with presenters or opinions, even where I disagree but this particular bint took centre stage and started going off about tactics, positions and where individual players were going wrong with certain runs etc.
    I mean, why not go the full 9 yards next time and bring in a couple of 15 year old district lads ? I find it quite disrespectful to the ex pro’s.
    The bird was probably on around 20 grand a year in her day and she’s getting embroiled on a technical level.
    Where’s the line between mediocrity and merit for these producers ?
    Well, you know what women are like, all of them. They do love to talk

As we have a thriving women's game that I am told is of an exceptional standard, I am not sure why they want to muscle in on the 'men's' game. Do we need female pundits, refs, coaches? No, we don't. Surely the women's game would benefit from their expertise?

Well, you know what women are like, all of them. They do love to talk

As we have a thriving women's game that I am told is of an exceptional standard, I am not sure why they want to muscle in on the 'men's' game. Do we need female pundits, refs, coaches? No, we don't. Surely the women's game would benefit from their expertise?
    I’m increasingly of the opinion that the women’s game has a completely different fan base to that of the men.
    Men with daughters in the game, Bean flickers and blokes who find the men’s game a tad too imposing and industrial.
    I’m fairly sure that any falafel street vendors prepared to take a punt would clean up at the expense of the burger vans outside the grounds too. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    For more balance, I really like Robyn Cowen on the Football Weekly podcast. Filled in for Max this week. Great, proper English accent and knows her stuff but doesn't try to show it off.. Then there's our Amy Lawrence....