Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You know what's happening on Saturday, don't you?

You know what's happening on Saturday, don't you?

Martinez' revenge, that's what's happening.

It will truly be a 'good ebening' for a certain vampirical-looking dude

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Already in full would take a point mode.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Already in full would take a point mode.
    I'd be delighted with 5 from our next 3 games.

4, even

I'd be delighted with 5 from our next 3 games.

4, even
    11 from our next 5 would be a great haul

Meh - hardly the first time we played against him. Last two times at Villa Park, he should have conceded a penalty in one (if only there was VAR oh wait there was) and scored and own goal, and was stranded in our half when one of our Gabis scored in the other

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Meh - hardly the first time we played against him. Last two times at Villa Park, he should have conceded a penalty in one (if only there was VAR oh wait there was) and scored and own goal, and was stranded in our half when one of our Gabis scored in the other
    Martinez, also usually decides to have his worst game of the season for them.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Martinez, also usually decides to have his worst game of the season for them.
    Yeah - was at the game when he palmed the penalty save straight back to Auba as well

We had a better keeper between the sticks in fairness. We go into this encounter with jelly on a plate..

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    We had a better keeper between the sticks in fairness. We go into this encounter with jelly on a plate..
    I'm firmly pro Ramsdale, as I had said before, but Raya is a very good keeper. Got his way into the Spain squad while playing at Brentford. What were your thoughts on Martinez when he was unimpressive on loan at Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday, Oxford, Rotherham? Or conceding 5 on his debut against Reading?

I'm firmly pro Ramsdale, as I had said before, but Raya is a very good keeper. Got his way into the Spain squad while playing at Brentford. What were your thoughts on Martinez when he was unimpressive on loan at Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday, Oxford, Rotherham? Or conceding 5 on his debut against Reading?
    If I recall correctly, he went through a pretty rough period at Villa last year, or maybe the year before. Howlers all over the place.

Wasn't particularly convincing in the WC as well, I think.

Keepers, eh