Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The first half of that game was like being

The first half of that game was like being

transported back in time to 2006, maybe to Bolton, or to Stoke. A 'plucky underdog' determined to 'get in their faces' and a referee too cowed by the crowd to uphold the laws of the game.

Exactly the sort of game which destroyed the careers of Diaby and Eduardo and didn't do much for Ramsey. I seriuously feared for Martinelli last night as they took turns at battering him.

How can this still be allowed to go on?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    transported back in time to 2006, maybe to Bolton, or to Stoke. A 'plucky underdog' determined to 'get in their faces' and a referee too cowed by the crowd to uphold the laws of the game.

Exactly the sort of game which destroyed the careers of Diaby and Eduardo and didn't do much for Ramsey. I seriuously feared for Martinelli last night as they took turns at battering him.

The knee in the back on Martinelli was nasty, it was late and he knew exactly what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    The knee in the back on Martinelli was nasty, it was late and he knew exactly what he was doing.
    I thought the way they kept whipping those corners in and heading them really hard towards our goal was extremely impolite

Raya looks about as confident as me on a pair of ice skates. I was hoping we were past the worst of this but that was ****ing annoying.

Ben White looked rusty. Despite the brilliant cross for the second goal he gave the ball away too often and he was giving his many far too much room on occasion, particularly for the third Luton goal.

Havertz had his best game so far. He is starting to look decisive in his movements and finally starting to look as though he gets his role.

It's Football 'Eritage, innit, tradition.

An inborn, instinctive appreciation of this crucial and historic injunction is the reason no English side, even the mighty Huddersfield Town, has EVER won more than three top flight titles in a row. Unlike those frauds in Serie A, La Liga and die Bundesliga.

Foreigners, see. No idea about fairplay.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

It's a compromise. Young Dave has clearly been selected for different qualities.

However if Aaron, or any other British keeper worthy of the name, for the matter of that, had behaved that way, you'd have a case for marching him out of the club immediately. But not a Spanish international.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I thought the way they kept whipping those corners in and heading them really hard towards our goal was extremely impolite

Raya looks about as confident as me on a pair of ice skates. I was hoping we were past the worst of this but that was ****ing annoying.

Ben White looked rusty. Despite the brilliant cross for the second goal he gave the ball away too often and he was giving his many far too much room on occasion, particularly for the third Luton goal.

Havertz had his best game so far. He is starting to look decisive in his movements and finally starting to look as though he gets his role.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Spot on. Wouldn't worry too much about White - he's quality, but just a little bit off the pace yesterday. Run out will have done him good. Shame about Tomyasu, feel much better with him in the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Spot on. Wouldn't worry too much about White - he's quality, but just a little bit off the pace yesterday. Run out will have done him good. Shame about Tomyasu, feel much better with him in the side.
    Agree re White. He had cover inside so when Barkley shifted to his left he should be have been on top of him. But sure he will be ok.

Tomiyasu is a huge blow. Hope it isn't horribly serious and he is back in January. Otherwise we could be looking at a few games for Cedric

Agree re White. He had cover inside so when Barkley shifted to his left he should be have been on top of him. But sure he will be ok.

Tomiyasu is a huge blow. Hope it isn't horribly serious and he is back in January. Otherwise we could be looking at a few games for Cedric
    If he is fit, he'll be buggering off to the Asia Cup

because The Arsenal don't like it up 'em, I reckon.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”