Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So this narrative in the English media that the Geordies were superb last night

So this narrative in the English media that the Geordies were superb last night

only to be undone by an appalling VAR decision.

Firstly, it was never a pen, first incident I thought was a much stronger shout.

Secondly, the filthy Geordies did not defend superbly for 45 minutes. PSG created many very good chances only to be unlucky or incompetent at the last second. That was not a superb save from Pope, it was an incompetent finish from the PSG striker.

Thirdly, and most importantly, a good way to not be the victim of an incompetent referee is to score the second goal. If you could have been bothered to actually have your team play football 2nd half, Eddie, you might have gone on to win 2-0 or 2-1. Perhaps playing football, Eddie, is something you might consider more often.

Midget c*nt that he is. Never trust a short man, I've always said it.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Firstly, it was never a pen, first incident I thought was a much stronger shout.

Secondly, the filthy Geordies did not defend superbly for 45 minutes. PSG created many very good chances only to be unlucky or incompetent at the last second. That was not a superb save from Pope, it was an incompetent finish from the PSG striker.

Thirdly, and most importantly, a good way to not be the victim of an incompetent referee is to score the second goal. If you could have been bothered to actually have your team play football 2nd half, Eddie, you might have gone on to win 2-0 or 2-1. Perhaps playing football, Eddie, is something you might consider more often.

I only watched second half but I thought PSG were awful for much of it - picked up a bit towards the end. Right about the pen shouts. Also **** them

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I only watched second half but I thought PSG were awful for much of it - picked up a bit towards the end. Right about the pen shouts. Also **** them
    Agree, PSG were awful.

Dreadful decision on the penalty, although obviously I found it funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Agree, PSG were awful.

Dreadful decision on the penalty, although obviously I found it funny.
    Julien Laurens on The Goals Show was going apoplectic at the PSG finishing, was most amusing.

Regarding the pen....**** 'em

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Julien Laurens on The Goals Show was going apoplectic at the PSG finishing, was most amusing.

Regarding the pen....**** 'em
    I was mulling over one thing while watching it. Eddie Howe comes across as a decent enough guy. His Bournemouth sides weren't horrible.

How come this Newcastle side are such ****s?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I was mulling over one thing while watching it. Eddie Howe comes across as a decent enough guy. His Bournemouth sides weren't horrible.

How come this Newcastle side are such ****s?
    More pressure, more expectation? Bournemouth, no one expected much, so they could play more freely. Inexperienced at this level as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

I like how we now hate the barcode cvnts

PSG went a bit Kaba Diawara last night and it was a a very, very harsh pelanty
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I like how we now hate the barcode cvnts

PSG went a bit Kaba Diawara last night and it was a a very, very harsh pelanty
    Always disliked them, much in the same way I do Villa. Fans seem to think they're massive clubs, they aren't.

The penalty is amusing because I thought the directive actually came from UEFA that it's not a penalty if it bounces off your body onto your arm and the PL adopted it this year.

The penalty is amusing because I thought the directive actually came from UEFA that it's not a penalty if it bounces off your body onto your arm and the PL adopted it this year.
    I can only think that the 'make your body bigger' rule was applied. Which is bizarre if so
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Always disliked them, much in the same way I do Villa. Fans seem to think they're massive clubs, they aren't.

I don't like them. Always been ****ing annoying and there has always been an attitude with them. Even Bobby Robson was a **** when he managed them. The Graham Poll game, that 4-4 draw where the ref allowed that **** Barton to charge round the pitch kicking everyone. Bunch of ****ers. And that Bruno. What a little ****.

Apparently the directive did come from UEFA but they didn't implement it for their own competition. So the handball directive in england is different from that in european competitions. Ridiculous! Even without the directive, it still isn't a penalty.