Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You sometimes forget how good he was

You sometimes forget how good he was

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yep and now officially retired.......oh you mean, Henry!

True, and it would a gross injustice to not mention the role that Wenger played in developing him into the player he became.

There are those of us old enough to remember his struggles in the first few years, especially in front of goal. 'Will never be a natural finisher' was a commonly held sentiment that was frequently expressed on here as I recall.

Wenger at his best imo.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    True, and it would a gross injustice to not mention the role that Wenger played in developing him into the player he became.

There are those of us old enough to remember his struggles in the first few years, especially in front of goal. 'Will never be a natural finisher' was a commonly held sentiment that was frequently expressed on here as I recall.

Wenger at his best imo.
    Maybe he could have a word with Eddie?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Yep and now officially retired.......oh you mean, Henry!
    haha - took me a while. Best of luck to him - fantastic career

A magnificent athlete, absolutely. Pretty decent footballer as well. Not in the class of Bergkamp, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Wenger at his best imo.
    At one point we thought his finishing was so bad that we decided to sign Francis Jeffers to do it for him

haha - took me a while. Best of luck to him - fantastic career
    Golf and beers in Portugal for the foreseeable, lucky b'stard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A magnificent athlete, absolutely. Pretty decent footballer as well. Not in the class of Bergkamp, of course.
    As I've said before, both amazing players and extremely fortunate to have seen both of them with us at the peak of their powers. I have a very slight preference for DB10....although the not flying thing pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    As I've said before, both amazing players and extremely fortunate to have seen both of them with us at the peak of their powers. I have a very slight preference for DB10....although the not flying thing pissed me off.
    To think that we used to regularly watch a team containing Bergkamp, Henry, Vieira and Pires is just ridiculous.

The only player we have had of similar calibre since is Cesc.