Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Can't be arsed figuring out how to post a video so...

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The best beer, bratwurst, bread, blondes and BMW's in the world

Although typically for my luck, I actually live in the French part of Germany. Or the German part of France, I suppose
    I'd say I live in the Austrian part - don't tell the Bavarians. At least neither of us live in the Swiss part

The best beer, bratwurst, bread, blondes and BMW's in the world

Although typically for my luck, I actually live in the French part of Germany. Or the German part of France, I suppose
    Best beer?

Come on, now.

It's not even close. And the beer Kultur present in practically every town, even tiny, out of the way ones, is unmatched.

Their rules governing brewing are older than most country's laws regulating ANYTHING AT ALL (the year 1516, to be exact).

These people take their beer so seriously there's even a word for it; Bierernst; it literally means "beer serious".

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Best beer?

Come on, now.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

It's not even close. And the beer Kultur present in practically every town, even tiny, out of the way ones, is unmatched.

Their rules governing brewing are older than most country's laws regulating ANYTHING AT ALL (the year 1516, to be exact).

These people take their beer so seriously there's even a word for it; Bierernst; it literally means "beer serious".
    I think Peter is being a 'real ale snob', red. He's probably a member of CAMRA as well

And unless I misunderstand, all beer in Germany (like everywhere in the world other than England, I think) is carbonated and therefore would be considered 'lager' by the real ale snobs in England.

Nothing wrong with real ale, of course. Had 3 lovely pints of the stuff down the Jolly Farmer last night. But lager is equally tasty and I don't really get being snobby about beer.

Best beer?

Come on, now.
    Ok, I know you'll never understand the glory that was the original Spesh and don't get other high strength lager, but in terms of normal beer that all you lot drink, how on earth can you say the Krauts make better beer than the Belgies?

And that's just normal Belgie beer. Trappists believe that God wants us all to get off our heads - and they are right to believe so, cf Shiva and chillums - and therefore forgo speech so as not to be distracted from making us the best beer so we appreciate God's Divine Grace to the fullest.

AND when I was in Ypres on my WW1 MA field trip, I found a beer in the hotel bar that was 12%. Even stronger than Spesh. Made by monks. And cost the same per 330ml glass as the other beers. And it was lush. God bless the Belgies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Ok, I know you'll never understand the glory that was the original Spesh and don't get other high strength lager, but in terms of normal beer that all you lot drink, how on earth can you say the Krauts make better beer than the Belgies?

And that's just normal Belgie beer. Trappists believe that God wants us all to get off our heads - and they are right to believe so, cf Shiva and chillums - and therefore forgo speech so as not to be distracted from making us the best beer so we appreciate God's Divine Grace to the fullest.

AND when I was in Ypres on my WW1 MA field trip, I found a beer in the hotel bar that was 12%. Even stronger than Spesh. Made by monks. And cost the same per 330ml glass as the other beers. And it was lush. God bless the Belgies.
    Maybe GG. But Anaconda likes real ale and he's an alcoholic who continues to live in a country that doesn't serve it.

So I have to assume German lager is really, really good.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I think Peter is being a 'real ale snob', red. He's probably a member of CAMRA as well

And unless I misunderstand, all beer in Germany (like everywhere in the world other than England, I think) is carbonated and therefore would be considered 'lager' by the real ale snobs in England.

Nothing wrong with real ale, of course. Had 3 lovely pints of the stuff down the Jolly Farmer last night. But lager is equally tasty and I don't really get being snobby about beer.
    You have me very, very wrong. I wont drink in any of the poncey, real ale pubs for one simple reason. They never sell Guinness, and I only drink Guinness.

If I was a snob I would only drink in Bowes on Fleet Street, Dublin. Wonderful drop in there

I used to like a lager and almost drink myself to death on the beer in Krakow one Christmas. But it plays havoc with my insides these days so I stick to Guinness.

But you have to drink it with Germans, dont you? Where's the fun in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

Special Brew is disgusting. I can remember trying to force down a Kestrel Super Strength, many years ago. Tasted like someone had pissed in a bottle of Bells.

I've tried the beer in Belgium. I preferred Poland.

You have me very, very wrong. I wont drink in any of the poncey, real ale pubs for one simple reason. They never sell Guinness, and I only drink Guinness.

If I was a snob I would only drink in Bowes on Fleet Street, Dublin. Wonderful drop in there

I used to like a lager and almost drink myself to death on the beer in Krakow one Christmas. But it plays havoc with my insides these days so I stick to Guinness.
    I stand corrected, Peter

Er, but if you only drink Guinness how could you opine on who has the best beer? What with you only drinking one.