Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't be arsed figuring out how to post a video so...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    People will vote Conservative for the same reason they always do- fear.

Fear of Corbyn, fear of foreigners, fear of change, fear of worse. Take your pick.

Sunak has a major disadvantage with the right of the party's core vote in that he is... how can I put this.... not white! But they'll get over it.
    I’d say his money probably grants him pseudo white status…

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    For the younger right wing vote, yes. But the older Tories in the shires- no. Also, he isn't nearly right wing enough for them. Some of them will stay home, others will find a bigger ******* to vote for instead.

It is telling that they are focusing on shoring up their right flank rather than trying to steal the centre from Labour. Sunak clearly feels there is nothing to beat in the centre as long as he can hold up his own flank.

Probably. But the fact is, at the end of the day, no-one really wants to live in a country run by darkies. Have you ever seen them?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Probably. But the fact is, at the end of the day, no-one really wants to live in a country run by darkies. Have you ever seen them?!
    I live in one ruled by Germans, r. How much worse can it get?

The best beer, bratwurst, bread, blondes and BMW's in the world

Although typically for my luck, I actually live in the French part of Germany. Or the German part of France, I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I live in one ruled by Germans, r. How much worse can it get?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Although typically for my luck, I actually live in the French part of Germany. Or the German part of France, I suppose
    I'd say I live in the Austrian part - don't tell the Bavarians. At least neither of us live in the Swiss part

Best beer?

Come on, now.

It's not even close. And the beer Kultur present in practically every town, even tiny, out of the way ones, is unmatched.

Their rules governing brewing are older than most country's laws regulating ANYTHING AT ALL (the year 1516, to be exact).

These people take their beer so seriously there's even a word for it; Bierernst; it literally means "beer serious".

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Best beer?

Come on, now.

It's not even close. And the beer Kultur present in practically every town, even tiny, out of the way ones, is unmatched.

Their rules governing brewing are older than most country's laws regulating ANYTHING AT ALL (the year 1516, to be exact).

These people take their beer so seriously there's even a word for it; Bierernst; it literally means "beer serious".
    I think Peter is being a 'real ale snob', red. He's probably a member of CAMRA as well

And unless I misunderstand, all beer in Germany (like everywhere in the world other than England, I think) is carbonated and therefore would be considered 'lager' by the real ale snobs in England.

Nothing wrong with real ale, of course. Had 3 lovely pints of the stuff down the Jolly Farmer last night. But lager is equally tasty and I don't really get being snobby about beer.

But you have to drink it with Germans, dont you? Where's the fun in that?