Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Agreed. In fact, I think Freddie did say exactly that at some point!

I think Saka is a little bit underrated. He is very simple and unflashy, no stepovers and bull**** with him. People don't drool over his play the way they do with the two Martins but I think he is our best player. When you see the way every opponents turns up with a plan to stop Saka (kick or double up, or bit of both).

Freddie knew how to play alongside three geniuses. May sound silly, but it isn't that easy
    Completely agree - Saka will be our best player for years (hopefully and if the buggers don't kick him out).

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Completely agree - Saka will be our best player for years (hopefully and if the buggers don't kick him out).
    And I know it is only a bonus but he seems like such a genuinely nice lad as well

Great point. Bukayo so often put up great numbers, as the youngsters say, while being our only REAL danger man, game after game, speaks to his quality.

Agreed. In fact, I think Freddie did say exactly that at some point!

I think Saka is a little bit underrated. He is very simple and unflashy, no stepovers and bull**** with him. People don't drool over his play the way they do with the two Martins but I think he is our best player. When you see the way every opponents turns up with a plan to stop Saka (kick or double up, or bit of both).

Freddie knew how to play alongside three geniuses. May sound silly, but it isn't that easy
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Great point. Bukayo so often put up great numbers, as the youngsters say, while being our only REAL danger man, game after game, speaks to his quality.
    I think Martinelli is better...or certainly has a higher ceiling. Delighted we have both though.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I think Martinelli is better...or certainly has a higher ceiling. Delighted we have both though.
    I'm not convinced we are getting the best out of Martinelli. He looks capable of scoring constantly but we dont seem to get him into scoring positions often enough. His finishing is brilliant.

I'm not convinced we are getting the best out of Martinelli. He looks capable of scoring constantly but we dont seem to get him into scoring positions often enough. His finishing is brilliant.
    Quite, I thought we should have put Trossard on the wing with Martinelli through the middle last night. They did seem to switch around in the 2nd half but I'd like to see that at the weekend.

He's not getting the best out of himself. Everyone knows he wants to be a facão, cutting inside and shooting but he needs to mix it up better; occasionally look for the pass FIRST rather than as an afterthought when his path to goal is blocked.

He'll sort it.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He's not getting the best out of himself. Everyone knows he wants to be a facão, cutting inside and shooting but he needs to mix it up better; occasionally look for the pass FIRST rather than as an afterthought when his path to goal is blocked.

He'll sort it.
    Too often, when he receives in wide positions there is no first pass. We are not getting options close to him early enough. Last night he had that full back on toast and was beating him to the line every time, so that is fine. In other games if we leave him on his own he is effectively out of the game.

Quite, I thought we should have put Trossard on the wing with Martinelli through the middle last night. They did seem to switch around in the 2nd half but I'd like to see that at the weekend.
    I don't want to keep blaming him but it is Havertz. We have a passenger in a key central role and it is ruining much of what we do.

Yup, so would I as I said a little while back that Trossard should be ahead of Eddie. The flexibility that offers was evident last night, if not fully exploited. Am resigned to possibly not seeing Odegaard and Saka at the weekend. Hope Mikey doesn't do too much resting / rotation. Is last game before (yet another) international break so there's no great need to.