Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it just me...

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Better than Tony Adams imo

Will be, reads the game superbly, pace and supremely confident in his own ability and will only improve. He's 22, ffs, ridicules

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I'm not sure such a thing is possible.
    you'll be nattering on about Bergkamp next Peter...

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Will be, reads the game superbly, pace and supremely confident in his own ability and will only improve. He's 22, ffs, ridicules
    Different game these days, different job. Adams would struggle to be an Arsenal centre back these days.

you'll be nattering on about Bergkamp next Peter...
    Not with you, I won't

I was ridiculed a few weeks back for suggesting that Saka would have got in the invincibles line up ahead of Ljungberg. Some people are weird

Different game these days, different job. Adams would struggle to be an Arsenal centre back these days.
    Imagine the fun we'd have with our famous offside trap and VAR

Not with you, I won't

I was ridiculed a few weeks back for suggesting that Saka would have got in the invincibles line up ahead of Ljungberg. Some people are weird
    Given that he was born in 2001 it would have been a stretch. Even SW didn't hate Ljungberg that much.

I do actually think Ljungberg is very underrated by some though - he was playing with three geniuses yet held his own, certainly in terms of the big games. Although Saka is undoubtedly a better player (even Freddie would agree, I reckon)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Given that he was born in 2001 it would have been a stretch. Even SW didn't hate Ljungberg that much.

I do actually think Ljungberg is very underrated by some though - he was playing with three geniuses yet held his own, certainly in terms of the big games. Although Saka is undoubtedly a better player (even Freddie would agree, I reckon)
    Bergkamp to Freddie during the run-in in 2002

Bolton away

Bergkamp to Freddie vs Juve

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

Agreed. In fact, I think Freddie did say exactly that at some point!

I think Saka is a little bit underrated. He is very simple and unflashy, no stepovers and bull**** with him. People don't drool over his play the way they do with the two Martins but I think he is our best player. When you see the way every opponents turns up with a plan to stop Saka (kick or double up, or bit of both).

Freddie knew how to play alongside three geniuses. May sound silly, but it isn't that easy