Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VAR is useless, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    and a very easy schedule so far this year
    They seem to have a very nicely spread out schedule with 1 hard game followed by 2 or 3 easy ones.

Well they've never played against him when he's played as an out and out midfielder

I like his attitude on the ball, no endless sideways passing for Zinny, he's actually trying to create something. And with that can come a loss of possession, but without it you can end up with latter Wengers years when we seemed to value possession more than anything else.

I'd love to see a Rice Zinny Ode midfield
    It isnt when he loses it through ambition. It is when he loses it through being sloppy or casual that I want to punch him

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    They seem to have a very nicely spread out schedule with 1 hard game followed by 2 or 3 easy ones.
    By tonight they will have played Liverpool, Chelsea, us and United. Admittedly, United are ****e, we gifted them a route back into the game twice and their victory over Liverpool is one of the absurdly undeserved wins in the history of the game.

and a very easy schedule so far this year
    These are exactly the things everyone said about us at this stage last season.....

I know we had the Europa League but we were fielding reserves until we ran out of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    What is becoming clear is the changes have disrupted the entire team. We are just not functioning with the same fluency as last year and we look unbalanced in midfield. Although we do seem more controlled, we are still making the silly mistakes that cost goals.

Odegaard and Partey would make a big difference if we can get them fit. But it is now becoming pretty clear that a title challenge this season is out of the question. Some will be really disappointed with that but I'm afraid it is where we are.
    Never one for overreaction, eh Peter?

If Spurs lose or draw tonight we’re 3 points back with just the 27 games to play. And we’ve beaten City twice now. Plenty of time for Arteta to fix things and challenge for the league.

It isnt when he loses it through ambition. It is when he loses it through being sloppy or casual that I want to punch him
    Jaysus Peter, you must have hated Aaron Ramsey even more than me!

Essentially your point is, we should've signed Harry Kane in the summer

That goal was pretty much our fault. Should never have happened. They all switched off assuming the ball was out of play. When they switch back on, White is far too slow getting out to put pressure on the cross, and Raya loses his bearings, creeping ahead of his front post, again!

If anyone was assuming that VAR would sort it out they just haven't been watching this season

Thought the Havertz challenge was idiotic but not a red. I am still stunned by the notion that Bruno's whack on Jorginho's head could be considered anything other than violent conduct. But then again, VAR was never going to send him off for that after Newcastle's reaction to the Havertz yellow.

Newcastle really are a deeply unpleasant team and they might want to shut up about racism after the suspicious booing of our black players. I hear Jorginho refused to shake hands with them. Good
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Jaysus Peter, you must have hated Aaron Ramsey even more than me!
    Probably, yeah

20 minutes in and Spurs could have had two players sent off. But a kick off the ball and a two-footed tackle are fine now, apparently.

VAR doubling down on 'its fine to punch someone on the back of the head'

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Essentially your point is, we should've signed Harry Kane in the summer
    I dont think that is my point but it might be.

It is also possible that I don't have one.

Probably, yeah

20 minutes in and Spurs could have had two players sent off. But a kick off the ball and a two-footed tackle are fine now, apparently.

VAR doubling down on 'its fine to punch someone on the back of the head'
    Make that 3 reds Finally given one!