Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VAR is useless, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    As Arteta seems to have recognised Zinny's flaws at LB, I find myself wondering why he isn't tried in the Havertz position. He plays in midfield for the Ukraine and to great effect the times I've watched him there.

Which was once
    I have said this previously. It was against Scotland, though

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I have said this previously. It was against Scotland, though
    What is becoming clear is the changes have disrupted the entire team. We are just not functioning with the same fluency as last year and we look unbalanced in midfield. Although we do seem more controlled, we are still making the silly mistakes that cost goals.

Odegaard and Partey would make a big difference if we can get them fit. But it is now becoming pretty clear that a title challenge this season is out of the question. Some will be really disappointed with that but I'm afraid it is where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    As Arteta seems to have recognised Zinny's flaws at LB, I find myself wondering why he isn't tried in the Havertz position. He plays in midfield for the Ukraine and to great effect the times I've watched him there.

Which was once
    He might do less damage there but he is still so sloppy with possession. I find him incredibly irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He might do less damage there but he is still so sloppy with possession. I find him incredibly irritating.
    I also think the better teams have worked out how to play against him as well

Yep. I think he has also been affected by the confusion in our midfield and the loss of Xhaka. It all means another chance for Tomiyasu, which is nice

Teams have already worked out how to play against Raya. Close him down quickly and always cross high to the far post

What is becoming clear is the changes have disrupted the entire team. We are just not functioning with the same fluency as last year and we look unbalanced in midfield. Although we do seem more controlled, we are still making the silly mistakes that cost goals.

Odegaard and Partey would make a big difference if we can get them fit. But it is now becoming pretty clear that a title challenge this season is out of the question. Some will be really disappointed with that but I'm afraid it is where we are.
    Watching Liverpool & Villa drop points to relegation fodder meant that the weekend wasn’t a total disaster.
    The prospect of finishing below that lot down the road though ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Watching Liverpool & Villa drop points to relegation fodder meant that the weekend wasn’t a total disaster.
    The prospect of finishing below that lot down the road though ?
    Hate to say it, but Spurs are playing with the sort of fluency we had last season

Hate to say it, but Spurs are playing with the sort of fluency we had last season
    Small squad though, injury to Maddison or Son and then we'll see how they do. Also, having no Europe or League cup has helped them.

Well they've never played against him when he's played as an out and out midfielder

I like his attitude on the ball, no endless sideways passing for Zinny, he's actually trying to create something. And with that can come a loss of possession, but without it you can end up with latter Wengers years when we seemed to value possession more than anything else.

I'd love to see a Rice Zinny Ode midfield

Small squad though, injury to Maddison or Son and then we'll see how they do. Also, having no Europe or League cup has helped them.
    and a very easy schedule so far this year