Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Ian Wright is 60 years old!

Ian Wright is 60 years old!

Catching him up fast, aren't we.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Just turned 50 and have nowhere near his energy

HBIWWWAHBAMIMO

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    We?

Some of us are way past that. And it!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Just turned 50 and have nowhere near his energy

HBIWWWAHBAMIMO
    or his money probably. Seems to become more of a legend every year.

Loved the bit on MotD when they mentioned Eddie could have become the first Arsenal player to score 4 goals in a Premier League match. Obviously Wrightie scored four against Everton once in the old first division - all set up by the same player as well

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    or his money probably. Seems to become more of a legend every year.

Loved the bit on MotD when they mentioned Eddie could have become the first Arsenal player to score 4 goals in a Premier League match. Obviously Wrightie scored four against Everton once in the old first division - all set up by the same player as well
    Two Arsenal players have scored 4 in a premier league match..... one is obvious, took me ages to get the second one!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Two Arsenal players have scored 4 in a premier league match..... one is obvious, took me ages to get the second one!
    Oops - meant to say third. I was there for one of the others. He could have had 8 in that game

Oops - meant to say third. I was there for one of the others. He could have had 8 in that game
    Leeds, was it? Did he score one despite falling over before he hit it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Leeds, was it? Did he score one despite falling over before he hit it?
    It was - and better then that, he was clipped by Gary Kelly and still score as he was falling

It was - and better then that, he was clipped by Gary Kelly and still score as he was falling
    Yes, that was it!

The other one was another pain in the arse at Anfield I hate that place (apart from May 1989)