Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Skool AWIMB poll: FA Cup win or CL semi-final?

Old Skool AWIMB poll: FA Cup win or CL semi-final?

Assuming that the FA Cup win came with going out easily in the round of 16 in the CL.

CL semi for me

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Assuming that the FA Cup win came with going out easily in the round of 16 in the CL.

CL semi for me
    FA Cup win, always take a trophy

FA Cup win.

And league double obvs without the CL distraction!!

CL semi for me
    I think Arteta will field a weak team and we'll be out early.
    It's a shame he really needs to win something soon imo to match all the over hype.

CL semi for me
    So you preferred the 2009 season in which we were humiliated by Manchester United in the Champions League semi to the 2017 season when we beat Man City and Chelsea to win the FA Cup. You big weirdo

Those FA Cup finals at Wembley (and in Wales) are completely priceless. Almost brings a tear to the eye just thinking about them.

CL semi for me
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

CL semi for me
    I'll take the CL semi but to be honest I would take signs of general progress over a cup win.

We've won the FA Cup too much in recent years. It is boring! I like it when we beat Hull, that was fun

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    So you preferred the 2009 season in which we were humiliated by Manchester United in the Champions League semi to the 2017 season when we beat Man City and Chelsea to win the FA Cup. You big weirdo
    Well no, but I was thinking more of a semi final against Real Madrid and Martinelli scoring a late winner to give us a 2-1 win. Then going to the Bernabeu being 90 min away from the final.

Would I look forward to that game more than an FA Cup final against Hull? Yes I would.

And in terms of recruiting players going forward it would be a big help. The FA Cup, not so much

Well no, but I was thinking more of a semi final against Real Madrid and Martinelli scoring a late winner to give us a 2-1 win. Then going to the Bernabeu being 90 min away from the final.

Would I look forward to that game more than an FA Cup final against Hull? Yes I would.

And in terms of recruiting players going forward it would be a big help. The FA Cup, not so much
    Worth noting Arteta has already won the FA Cup. It was a bit boring.

I'd probably agree tbh but there is still something nice about having another trophy. I'm still proud I saw my team in a Champions League final even though we lost. Can't say the same about FA Cups (apart from 2001 when we morally won - cheating Scouse ****s )