Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: :-( Seen that ice hockey guy? Gruesome.

:-( Seen that ice hockey guy? Gruesome.

Adam Johnson RIP.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Just went to X to look. Horrific... Surely that's a possible manslaughter/murder charge right there. Looked intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    Just went to X to look. Horrific... Surely that's a possible manslaughter/murder charge right there. Looked intentional.
    A lot of people who know more about ice hockey than me, say it looks deliberate and apparently, he is that sort of player.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    A lot of people who know more about ice hockey than me, say it looks deliberate and apparently, he is that sort of player.
    I haven't seen it but heard the same.

there have been plenty of skates to the face type injuries but this a very rare occurance. there was a famous one with the goalie

The english league have decided to make neckgaurds mandatory. To be honest they don't do much and players prefer not to wear them. we were forced to wear them in the 90's due to some sort of thing that happened in Canada but after a week we stopped wearing them.

But as dirty players go. ususally anything with skates is a no go, you don't even think about it. you might use a knee etc.

Funnily enough it's mainy women saying it's about time. they have never played the game and have no idea.

I suppose I will have to watch it to see

after watching it. there is no reason for his leg to be up like that.

very reckless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    after watching it. there is no reason for his leg to be up like that.

very reckless.
    That would never happen in the U.S. Thanks to the 2nd Amendment you're free to carry on the ice. That's why hockey teams in the U.S. carry a 'designated sniper' on their roster -- purely as a deterrent, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    That would never happen in the U.S. Thanks to the 2nd Amendment you're free to carry on the ice. That's why hockey teams in the U.S. carry a 'designated sniper' on their roster -- purely as a deterrent, mind.
    That's actually one of your best ever posts, Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    That's actually one of your best ever posts, Chief.
    It helps to keep the expectations exceedingly low. I strive to be the John Jensen of AWIMB. All the Henry14 goals get mixed together, but Jensen's strike is forever etched in the memory. Curler, top right.
    Last edited by Chief Arrowhead; 10-31-2023 at 05:02 PM.