Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I will never get my head around the 2nd amendment and Americans utter refusal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Right and don't we ALL!

Be fair, America is not even 250 years old yet; how "free" do we imagine England was at that age. Indeed, how much freedom do you think the redgunamos enjoy even to this day, and we're practically the oldest people on earth!

These things take time, as the man said; they are a baby nation full of babies.

The cousins' charming naivete is fascinating to watch, all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They have a very strained relationship with the word 'freedom'..... I would start there.

The card-carrying (no pun intended) religious fanatics are a huge political lobby in a country founded on the principle of the separation of church and state.
    Last edited by redgunamo; 10-26-2023 at 02:21 PM.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right and don't we ALL!

Be fair, America is not even 250 years old yet; how "free" do we imagine England was at that age. Indeed, how much freedom do you think the redgunamos enjoy even to this day, and we're practically the oldest people on earth!

These things take time, as the man said; they are a baby nation full of babies.

The cousins' charming naivete is fascinating to watch, all the same.
    But we don't even claim to be free. Well, not those of us who are sensible, anyway. We see freedom as being subject to a clear set of laws and restrictions and having the ability to choose someone else to oversee them once every five years. And some obscure legal rights that are frequently trampled on....

We don't bang on about freedom. It is too vague to carry any meaning. Freedom from what? For whom?

Oh, you don't need to tell ME; Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit and a' that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    But we don't even claim to be free. Well, not those of us who are sensible, anyway. We see freedom as being subject to a clear set of laws and restrictions and having the ability to choose someone else to oversee them once every five years. And some obscure legal rights that are frequently trampled on....

We don't bang on about freedom. It is too vague to carry any meaning. Freedom from what? For whom?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Oh, you don't need to tell ME; Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit and a' that.
    Bloody Germans