Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Ramsdale has to come back in now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Not sure. I reckon the manager simply PREFERS young Dave, fancies him more.

It's like the man said about birds; if there's two you ought to stick with the second one because if the first one had been right, you wouldn't have wanted to find the second one.

In fairness though, Rambo only really needs to start to think about things if we actually BUY Raya; at the moment, AR is the confirmed long term project/investment.
    Of course he prefers Raya. That doesn't change the fact that at present he is a mess. From this point onwards, every mistake he makes is Arteta's fault.

The whole two keepers argument is looking like a **** idea at this point. Sometimes there is a reason why nobody has ever bothered trying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Of course he prefers Raya. That doesn't change the fact that at present he is a mess. From this point onwards, every mistake he makes is Arteta's fault.

The whole two keepers argument is looking like a **** idea at this point. Sometimes there is a reason why nobody has ever bothered trying something.
    You are overstating the degree of his messness and forgetting that Ramsdale was hardly the second coming of Buffon when he was playing. Raya was very good his first few games, some errors have crept in since then, admittedly. What Raya needs now is the support of the manager and the supporters and a run of a few good performances and some clean sheets.

Arteta isn't changing this any time soon. I also read some writer in the Tele recently saying that the 'data' shows that Raya is still performing better than Ramsdale was. No idea what the data is but that's good enough for me