Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramsdale has to come back in now

Ramsdale has to come back in now

That was the worst yet from Raya. His positioning was all over the place all evening and he was lucky he wasn't caught out with a lobbed shot in the first half. He cost us one goal and was very, very lucky not to cost us another.

That is three poor performances in a row, each worse than the last. Even if we had a distant number two there would be a good case for giving him a break for a while.

Arteta needs to accept this isn't working and go back to Ramsdale for now. Raya can play in the ****ty cup and see if he can get his game back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That was the worst yet from Raya. His positioning was all over the place all evening and he was lucky he wasn't caught out with a lobbed shot in the first half. He cost us one goal and was very, very lucky not to cost us another.

That is three poor performances in a row, each worse than the last. Even if we had a distant number two there would be a good case for giving him a break for a while.

Arteta needs to accept this isn't working and go back to Ramsdale for now. Raya can play in the ****ty cup and see if he can get his game back together.
    Have to say if I was Ramsdale and didn't play tomorrow, then I'd be on the phone to my agent.

I'd understand the whole thing a bit more if Ramsdale had played poorly to deserve being dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Have to say if I was Ramsdale and didn't play tomorrow, then I'd be on the phone to my agent.

I'd understand the whole thing a bit more if Ramsdale had played poorly to deserve being dropped.
    I think Arteta is looking for every tiny bit of improvement he can find. He clearly thinks that Raya is better with his feet and more comfortable holding the ball and drawing in the press. In theory this could work but so far all we have seen is a series of errors, beginning small and getting worse.

Long term, it might work. Long term, I think Ramsdale is probably finished at Arsenal. Right now, we have a keeper whose confidence is shot to pieces and who is costing us goals. It isn't going to magically improve and he needs to take him out of the side for now but I have a feeling he won't.

I note Ramdale wasnt even on the bench on Saturday....

I think Arteta is looking for every tiny bit of improvement he can find. He clearly thinks that Raya is better with his feet and more comfortable holding the ball and drawing in the press. In theory this could work but so far all we have seen is a series of errors, beginning small and getting worse.

Long term, it might work. Long term, I think Ramsdale is probably finished at Arsenal. Right now, we have a keeper whose confidence is shot to pieces and who is costing us goals. It isn't going to magically improve and he needs to take him out of the side for now but I have a feeling he won't.

Birth of his son

His wife gave birth, Peter

Raya hasn't been great but the 2nd at Chelsea wasn't nearly as bad as the first Ramsdale conceded at home to Fulham.

Not sure I've seen worse keeping than that for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Raya hasn't been great but the 2nd at Chelsea wasn't nearly as bad as the first Ramsdale conceded at home to Fulham.

Is that not the goal that Saka was completely at fault for?

Birth of his son
    Ah, ok. Fair enough

Is that not the goal that Saka was completely at fault for?
    No, that was the goal that Saka was at fault for giving the ball away - once he had done that Ramsdale gifted them the goal with some seriously incompetent keeping.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Are you serious? Guy is played clean through from our comfortable possession and he loses his footing trying to furiously backpeddle. You think that is worse than passing to an opponent in your own box, or getting chipped when you are supposed to be on your line?

Questionable for the first Spurs goal. Directly at fault for the goal against Lens. Chaotic against City and inches away from conceding from our possession. Chipped on his line and surrendered possession in his own box at Chelsea.

'Hasn't been great' is a dramatic understatement.

Are you serious? Guy is played clean through from our comfortable possession and he loses his footing trying to furiously backpeddle. You think that is worse than passing to an opponent in your own box, or getting chipped when you are supposed to be on your line?

Questionable for the first Spurs goal. Directly at fault for the goal against Lens. Chaotic against City and inches away from conceding from our possession. Chipped on his line and surrendered possession in his own box at Chelsea.

'Hasn't been great' is a dramatic understatement.
    Played clean through

He was about 20 yds outside the box and there was a defender goal side when he hit it. All Ramsdale had to do was move straight back about 4-5 yards and the ball would have floated into his hands. Instead he twisted himself into a knot and fell over while the ball bounced into the goal