Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recent history dictates that I知 still uncomfortable about going to SB this weekend.

Strikers that don't score enough goals are always walking a tightrope, especially at a big, ambitious, wealthy club. Oddly enough, being young, English and homegrown only adds to the awkwardness.

I don't think anybody actually hates him; they merely hate the fact that he plays for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Why does everyone seem to hate Eddie so much?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Strikers that don't score enough goals are always walking a tightrope, especially at a big, ambitious, wealthy club. Oddly enough, being young, English and homegrown only adds to the awkwardness.

I don't think anybody actually hates him; they merely hate the fact that he plays for us.
    He does score enough goals (in as much as anyone scores 'enough'). If there is a weakness it is that his all round game isn't as good as Jesus but it is getting better.

I am not convinced by Trossard in that position.

It's probably the nastiest place in town. But I was just a kid, I didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    My dad would never let me go to Stamford Bridge when I was younger. Weird. He seemed ok with Upton Park, even Anfield. But Chelsea was an absolute no. I've never been there
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

That's just it; if people talk about your all-round game, as a striker, it means they think you're not scoring enough goals.

It's probably the nastiest place in town. But I was just a kid, I didn't know.

That's just it; if people talk about your all-round game, as a striker, it means they think you're not scoring enough goals.
    Giroud always got a lot of stick for this but you could see (well, I could) what else he offered. Scored some stunners as well. I just don't really see that from Eddie, unfortunately.

Ho! I did a :williams: PBUH.

Ho! I did a :williams: PBUH.
    Well remembered

It's tricky. Giroud was great and Eddie has everything he needs. Yet both could do with more goals.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Giroud always got a lot of stick for this but you could see (well, I could) what else he offered. Scored some stunners as well. I just don't really see that from Eddie, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Don't hate him, just think Trossard should be ahead of him in the pecking order. I'd even make a case for starting Trossard keeping Jesus as a super-sub if we're chasing the game.
    Even Havertz did a passable job when he came on into the central role the other week versus City. Saturday is tailor-made for Kai to come on and be the hero (acknowledges LA already predicted this).
    Vs City, Eddie's shot {after a great first touch} was a lot closer than the couple of times リdin blasted it over the bar. And since he got into the team over Laca after Auba left, Eddie's done wonders adding to his game. He drops deep and links up play very well now. Last year when Jesus was out, Eddie did well but his one issue was not linking up on the left enough which is why Gabby M's form dipped. {Without an overlapping LB and with GX not getting forward as much as リdin, it created a bit of a vacuum there.} But as we saw this year vs ManU, he's learned to drop into the inside left pocket at times and play great first time passes to the likes of Gabby.

Keep the faith - he's a Hale Ender.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Vs City, Eddie's shot {after a great first touch} was a lot closer than the couple of times リdin blasted it over the bar. And since he got into the team over Laca after Auba left, Eddie's done wonders adding to his game. He drops deep and links up play very well now. Last year when Jesus was out, Eddie did well but his one issue was not linking up on the left enough which is why Gabby M's form dipped. {Without an overlapping LB and with GX not getting forward as much as リdin, it created a bit of a vacuum there.} But as we saw this year vs ManU, he's learned to drop into the inside left pocket at times and play great first time passes to the likes of Gabby.

Keep the faith - he's a Hale Ender.
    We took him from Chelsea痴 academy where they壇 assigned him to the bin. Not that they have a great pedigree in developing talent, and how they must regret allowing KDB & More Salad to walk away.
    In any case, he痴 technically not a Hale Ender..