Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recent history dictates that I知 still uncomfortable about going to SB this weekend.

Recent history dictates that I知 still uncomfortable about going to SB this weekend.

I know stats and the gods may favour us over the fulham road money burners but I知 still not fully exorcised from the overwhelming sense of impending misery derived from the Drogba years.
    I知 reluctantly predicting a draw against the resurgent blues.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I know stats and the gods may favour us over the fulham road money burners but I’m still not fully exorcised from the overwhelming sense of impending misery derived from the Drogba years.
    I’m reluctantly predicting a draw against the resurgent blues.
    Tricky game after an international break. Draw wouldn't be the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Tricky game after an international break. Draw wouldn't be the end of the world.
    That痴 true, although I壇 be more upbeat if Saka plays and Nketiah is benched for Jesus in the middle.

Chelsea(a) has always been my favourite fixture regardless; it was my first ever game in London, way back when. And those red stockings! My boy says he's going, even though he supposedly started uni this week

I know stats and the gods may favour us over the fulham road money burners but I知 still not fully exorcised from the overwhelming sense of impending misery derived from the Drogba years.
    I知 reluctantly predicting a draw against the resurgent blues.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I really hope Eddie and Jesus do not become an issue for us.

That’s true, although I’d be more upbeat if Saka plays and Nketiah is benched for Jesus in the middle.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Chelsea(a) has always been my favourite fixture regardless; it was my first ever game in London, way back when. And those red stockings! My boy says he's going, even though he supposedly started uni this week
    My dad would never let me go to Stamford Bridge when I was younger. Weird. He seemed ok with Upton Park, even Anfield. But Chelsea was an absolute no. I've never been there

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I really hope Eddie and Jesus do not become an issue for us.
    Why does everyone seem to hate Eddie so much?

That’s true, although I’d be more upbeat if Saka plays and Nketiah is benched for Jesus in the middle.
    If fit has to be the first-choice trio - Martinelli, Jesus, Saka. Would be tempted to go with the Rice/Partey axis in midfield against their trio (with Odegaard of course). Havertz to come on and score the winner

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Why does everyone seem to hate Eddie so much?
    Don't hate him, just think Trossard should be ahead of him in the pecking order. I'd even make a case for starting Trossard keeping Jesus as a super-sub if we're chasing the game.
    Even Havertz did a passable job when he came on into the central role the other week versus City. Saturday is tailor-made for Kai to come on and be the hero (acknowledges LA already predicted this).

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    If fit has to be the first-choice trio - Martinelli, Jesus, Saka. Would be tempted to go with the Rice/Partey axis in midfield against their trio (with Odegaard of course). Havertz to come on and score the winner
    Yep, anything else is wrong