Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am not sure if we made City look poor

I am not sure if we made City look poor

or if city were holding back waiting to pick us off and it never came. And maybe it never came due to the way we played. or we both played for a draw. We were nervous first 20 mins but then settled.

WD Arteta imo. and well done Tomiyasu. Not sure what he was doing up front but good for him.

Also Eddie offers nothing. he always has his head down and even takes the ball of his team mates when he is a mile offside.
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 10-09-2023 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    or if city were holding back waiting to pick us off and it never came. And maybe it never came due to the way we played. or we both played for a draw. We were nervous first 20 mins but then settled.

WD Arteta imo. and well done Tomiyasu. Not sure what he was doing up front but good for him.

Also Eddie offers nothing. he always has his head down and even takes the ball of his team mates when he is a mile offside.
    I'm not having Raya is an upgrade on Ramsdale.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Have to agree - feel more comfortable with Aaron in goal

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Have to agree - feel more comfortable with Aaron in goal
    I think Ramsdale just has this unshakeable confidence in himself, even if he makes an error he gets over it straight away. I don't think Raya has that.

I think Ramsdale just has this unshakeable confidence in himself, even if he makes an error he gets over it straight away. I don't think Raya has that.
    It's akward now if we put Ramsdale back in,
    I always think Ramsale is a lucky goalie usually gets away with things.

Also I'd play Havertz up front rather than eddie if Partey is back fit. I don't want to single out Eddie but he runs a round a lot does one big challenge a game and fluffs his chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's akward now if we put Ramsdale back in,
    I always think Ramsale is a lucky goalie usually gets away with things.

Also I'd play Havertz up front rather than eddie if Partey is back fit. I don't want to single out Eddie but he runs a round a lot does one big challenge a game and fluffs his chances.
    Kai up front against Chelsea please - will get a hattrick

I did think yesterday it could have been his time to be the hero. but he did his part.

Would Kai be the sort to not celebrate out of respect for his relationship with the Chelsea fans? Or would he go full on Adebayor, running the full length of the pitch with a knee skid?

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    Would Kai be the sort to not celebrate out of respect for his relationship with the Chelsea fans? Or would he go full on Adebayor, running the full length of the pitch with a knee skid?
    he seems a timid chap.

He isn't. He was a bag of nerves in the first half imo.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”