Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Questions: Where does this North London Forever **** come from? Was it a fan thing

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Sign of age, that.
    That’s true and we can all be guilty of getting stuck in a era but the pace of change is an undeniable factor.
    I live in a typical Herts market town and passed a couple of kids on the street the other day. They were both speaking in what I can only describe as a sort of sh*t John Barnes accent, the one where the letter, I mutates into this wierd, metropolitan, AE noise. I grew up kicking balls over the hackney marshes and never heard that abortion of an accent from anyone ?
    I don’t approve. I suspect I’m not alone. When you get used to BBC programme announcers uttering D’at , D’ose or D’em, you can be forgiven for wondering how much lower the bar needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    That’s true and we can all be guilty of getting stuck in a era but the pace of change is an undeniable factor.
    I live in a typical Herts market town and passed a couple of kids on the street the other day. They were both speaking in what I can only describe as a sort of sh*t John Barnes accent, the one where the letter, I mutates into this wierd, metropolitan, AE noise. I grew up kicking balls over the hackney marshes and never heard that abortion of an accent from anyone ?
    I don’t approve. I suspect I’m not alone. When you get used to BBC programme announcers uttering D’at , D’ose or D’em, you can be forgiven for wondering how much lower the bar needs to go.
    Well, that is because multiculturalism has failed, innit. I know because the Home Secretary, daughter of indian immigrants and married to the son of jewish south african immigrants, told me so

Have you seen how some of these young women dress? Don't know where to look!

Well, that is because multiculturalism has failed, innit. I know because the Home Secretary, daughter of indian immigrants and married to the son of jewish south african immigrants, told me so

Have you seen how some of these young women dress? Don't know where to look!
    This has sod all to do with multiculturalism, it’s roots are in the appeasement of poor standards. You wouldn’t want to hear Danny Dyer, fink, f’ought and ainting all over the news, would you ? People like Clive Myrie are at the absolute top of the tree, so why play to a gallery that’s only going to erode standards further ?
    The obese girl advertising clunge towels while performing a triple salko ? I mean, what’s the message here. Stay at 20 stone and over burden the NHS with Type 2 diabetes for decades, because, because, fat shaming and inclusion ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    This has sod all to do with multiculturalism, it’s roots are in the appeasement of poor standards. You wouldn’t want to hear Danny Dyer, fink, f’ought and ainting all over the news, would you ? People like Clive Myrie are at the absolute top of the tree, so why play to a gallery that’s only going to erode standards further ?
    The obese girl advertising clunge towels while performing a triple salko ? I mean, what’s the message here. Stay at 20 stone and over burden the NHS with Type 2 diabetes for decades, because, because, fat shaming and inclusion ?
    And then you have your trans and non-binary mob. Bloody madness

And then you have your trans and non-binary mob. Bloody madness
    And…. Why is it that people with long covid all seem to work in the public sector and those poor dears who do struggle to get out of their beds take an hour to answer a phone call ?

Ok. That’s probably enough societal cynicism for one day: Ed..