Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions: Where does this North London Forever **** come from? Was it a fan thing

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    'Characters' :shudder:
    I meant outlandish.
    But I saw her in the Doctors waiting room wearing a suit that had a newspaper print design. big red glasses and hiding behind a newspaper. then when they called her name she said very loudly she wants privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I didn't know that
    Jesus wept 🥴 https://youtu.be/wjCJv4W4kvw?si=_6OZErqEEyA4431_

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Ricky G was one, wasn't it?

Sorry to hear about your tickets, h. Seems like a lot of people have been shafted this year. Never mind - we're going back to being **** so demand will drop
    I was getting set to kick off about the wilsons. The payments were likely held in a batch file and processed en-masse at EOD so it would be easy to scotch payments from the batch file before running. I've developed payment systems so I know it's feasible. Proving it would have been time consuming but possible but then Covid came and I lost all interest.

Glad to hear the song had a proper organic provenance and wasn't part of the Wenger inspired Disneyfication of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I was getting set to kick off about the wilsons. The payments were likely held in a batch file and processed en-masse at EOD so it would be easy to scotch payments from the batch file before running. I've developed payment systems so I know it's feasible. Proving it would have been time consuming but possible but then Covid came and I lost all interest.

Glad to hear the song had a proper organic provenance and wasn't part of the Wenger inspired Disneyfication of the club.
    One added bonus of the song, is how much it seems to wind opposition fans up.

One added bonus of the song, is how much it seems to wind opposition fans up.
    The Chorus is alright but the way he says London does my head in. it's so over exagerated. and for someone who grew up in The Angel I find the song quite miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    The Chorus is alright but the way he says London does my head in. it's so over exagerated. and for someone who grew up in The Angel I find the song quite miserable.
    All fair points but it's far preferable to
    YNWA
    Blue Moon
    I'm for ever blowing bubbles (the worst of the lot)

YNWA
    Blue Moon
    But at the same time I quite like it sang in the stadium, I wonder if it will stick. Wonder of you never really worked, Apart from that one night when the Emirates was the loudest I ever heard in the champions league, only to be thrased by United

Back in the day, we used to sing YNWA too, think most clubs did. And there was always

YNWA
    Blue Moon
    at least one rendition of 'Maybe It's Because' ending with "Get off yer sister!"

Is it too much to hope that "The wánky Tottenham Hotspur" has died? It makes me cringe with embarrassment such is the abject shíteness of it. I'm sure that, back in the day again, it started with a quite witty verse of some sort with Bill Nich being in such despair at Spurs lack of Trophies he goes to Rome to ask the Pope for help but all his Holiness wants to know is "Who's that team they call the Arsenal?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    But at the same time I quite like it sang in the stadium, I wonder if it will stick. Wonder of you never really worked, Apart from that one night when the Emirates was the loudest I ever heard in the champions league, only to be thrased by United
    I forked out for the best seats in the house for that one. The clown's arse Almunia expecting Ronaldo to wait til he[Almunia] was ready before he'd take the kick

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    at least one rendition of 'Maybe It's Because' ending with "Get off yer sister!"

Is it too much to hope that "The wánky Tottenham Hotspur" has died? It makes me cringe with embarrassment such is the abject shíteness of it. I'm sure that, back in the day again, it started with a quite witty verse of some sort with Bill Nich being in such despair at Spurs lack of Trophies he goes to Rome to ask the Pope for help but all his Holiness wants to know is "Who's that team they call the Arsenal?"
    They were going to Rome to see the pope when I started going in 1978. I’d say that qualifies as ‘back in the day’, no?