Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions: Where does this North London Forever **** come from? Was it a fan thing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    One added bonus of the song, is how much it seems to wind opposition fans up.
    The Chorus is alright but the way he says London does my head in. it's so over exagerated. and for someone who grew up in The Angel I find the song quite miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    The Chorus is alright but the way he says London does my head in. it's so over exagerated. and for someone who grew up in The Angel I find the song quite miserable.
    All fair points but it's far preferable to
    YNWA
    Blue Moon
    I'm for ever blowing bubbles (the worst of the lot)

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Regarding Silver Memberships. Pre-covid I renewed my 3 ( Me, Son & Daughter ) to the point of reaching the thank you page then when I tried to book a match about 2 weeks into the new season the ticket site said I hadn't renewed and my memberships were gone. I know the club had become anti Silver because they negate the need for a season ticket so I suspect they were cancelling them on the sly. Anyone else hear of anything like this or am I being a conspiracist?
    Happened to one of our gang who attends.

Went to add him for tickets and he'd disappeared from the network.

He got on to the club and they reckoned he had not renewed. He kicked up a fuss and they reinstated his silver membership.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I didn't know that
    Jesus wept 🥴 https://youtu.be/wjCJv4W4kvw?si=_6OZErqEEyA4431_

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They were going to Rome to see the pope when I started going in 1978. I’d say that qualifies as ‘back in the day’, no?
    Indeed it does. Proper lyrical banter and a far better offering than some turgid, cockney, dewey eyed cack that even has a passage glorifying that plate of culinary horse**** that is pie, mash & liquor. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Indeed it does. Proper lyrical banter and a far better offering than some turgid, cockney, dewey eyed cack that even has a passage glorifying that plate of culinary horse**** that is pie, mash & liquor. Good grief.
    I’m not averse to the sentimentality of the thing, but the bloke’s accent bothers me a bit. No whan torks like that, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I first heard it I'd say about '74. I am convinced it didn't start with "The wánky Tottenham Hotspur". Is my memory playing tricks on me C? How is your menagerie btw? Has it expanded even further or did you get bored with the flea-ridden wee ****s and flog 'em to Maccy D?
    It provokes a question. Not about C’s nags but when the bantering rivalry actually began. My young ears weren’t tuned into it during those games against Leeds in the late 60’s when the old man first took me along to Highbury. He used to tell me of when he was a kid, during those post war groundshare days, getting passed over shoulders to the front and how he’d schlepp along to see Arsenal one week and Spurs the next. Unthinkable nowadays of course.

It provokes a question. Not about C’s nags but when the bantering rivalry actually began. My young ears weren’t tuned into it during those games against Leeds in the late 60’s when the old man first took me along to Highbury. He used to tell me of when he was a kid, during those post war groundshare days, getting passed over shoulders to the front and how he’d schlepp along to see Arsenal one week and Spurs the next. Unthinkable nowadays of course.
    Unnaffordable for one thing

I think it was about getting away from the wife for a few hours and getting a few pints in.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think it was about getting away from the wife for a few hours and getting a few pints in.
    Encapsulated here, to perfection.
    https://youtu.be/yqve-jFpAhc?si=2tsLZSeFe4VJEClx