Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airportwimb. Who are these strange people sleeping on the floor at airports?

Airportwimb. Who are these strange people sleeping on the floor at airports?

I have flown quite a bit in my life.

Never had the need or urge to have a kip on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Backpacking types

On a related topic, I just flew to Dubai and back on BA and was amazed at how quick the check in, security and passport checks are nowadays especially with the eGates. All four sides I went from check in through immigration and security in about 10 min.

Only downside was the baggage delay at Heathrow on the way home. C*nts.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Backpacking types
    filthy, stinking cnuts, you mean?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Well yes, with their fecking enormous backpacks that they somehow think will fit in an overhead locker

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Well yes, with their fecking enormous backpacks that they somehow think will fit in an overhead locker
    their enormous backpacks have often occupied the space my coffee was, only seconds earlier... They're as bad as those ****s with pull along suitcases at tube stations.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    On a related topic, I just flew to Dubai and back on BA and was amazed at how quick the check in, security and passport checks are nowadays especially with the eGates. All four sides I went from check in through immigration and security in about 10 min.

Also my experience - security is particular good and quick.

I also have the advantage of going straight through in Munich, walking past the queues of moaning Brits waiting for passport checks

When I used to fly to India with stop-overs, I had to do that quite a bit. That's why I liked Royal Jordanian. Not for the planes, but because the airport had these sort of flat, bed sized seats for lying down on. Heaven after 5+ hours in economy with a few hours to wait before the next leg. Civilised people, the Jordies.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Not if we'd been bathing a bit before in the Holy Waters of Manikaran in the Himalayas. The Gurdwara {temple} there is the 4th holiest place in Sikhism and has a large bathing pool, waist deep, inside with a bridge across the River Parvati to outdoor pools on the other side.

The indoor pool is right by the bridge entrance so you get really hot in the water and then stand on the bridge with the wind rushing down the valley to cool you down. {Seeing sunrise there for the first time on my most recent visit with my best French mate was one of the most beautiful experiences in my life.}

Manikaran means ear jewel. Parvati lost Hers there and Shiva demanded the river give it back. It refused so, according to what to says on the smaller Hindu temple, He went to Mount Kailash and smoked chillums for 13,000 years and came back full of Prana and summoned up the Seshna the Serpent God, who hissed up Their lost jewel.

His Hissing has been producing natural hot water ever since. It also kept giving other jewels there until an earthquake stopped it in 1905.

But Parvati gave us a free diamond from there that the glw wears in here ear, obviously.

So neither filthy nor stinking. That's the love of Ganpati and His parents for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Delhi's old airport took hours but the new one is well quick. But when I went to Costa Rica about 8 years ago, I had a 4 hour stop-over in Miami. Took 2 hours to get through immigration and then had to get my bag and carry it {cos it wanted money for the trolley} and deal with security.

It was only because the nice Yank let me skip the X-ray queue after a while that I made my flight. I told him that at all other airports, your bags just stay with the airline, that I'd been sold a ticket by AA with 4 hours between flights and that I was probably gonna miss my connection given how big this x-ray queue was. When he found I was a Brit and was simply trying to get from London to Costa Rica, he said I could leave the queue and just go through.

Lovely chap, as I say. I'd have been stuck in Miami for a day and had to deal with changing my flight etc.

Will never fly into or via the US again.